“Excellent! Get any seafood or the pork schnitzel.”
Review of The Snow Angel Tavern - CLOSED

The Snow Angel Tavern
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Snow Angel Tavern is a chef-owned and family-run restaurant in the Killington/Rutland area. The menu is gastro-pub fare; fresh food with a creative twist. We offer you an upscale pub food menu where everything is homemade—right down to the French Fries and Whipped Cream.The Snow Angel Tavern is a place where you can get fine dining quality, but still feel like you're in a casual pub and the prices are more than reasonable! You can bring your entire family because there is something for everybody: fresh seafood and steaks, nightly specials, home-made desserts, exotic cocktails... and of course, a special Kid's menu!
Salem, MA
“Excellent! Get any seafood or the pork schnitzel.”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I came here with family last week and we loved it. We even got to meet the chef himself! He has a great deal of experience in seafood restaurants and it showed. I loved the seafood chowder.

Some of the people in our party ordered the pork schnitzel and this was a big hit as well. The staff was really wonderful. Friendly and accommodating. If you're in this are of VT, check it out!

Next time I travel through there, I want to try the mussels and some of the steaks.

• Visited October 2012

Portland, Maine
“Great food, bit confused on atmosphere and portion size”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Driving up, I expected a tavern atmosphere but inside it seems more upscale. The exterior just doesn't match the interior at all

The menu is short. I got the mussels which were excellent. Both of our entrees were also very good. Our only complaint was the portion size of my girlfriends meal. And I am someone who thinks that portion sizes are usually a bit too large anyway, but in this case for $18, she got a small piece of chicken with a small side of risotto. It was tasty but should have cost $10.

I would still recommend this place as the food is really good

• Visited September 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful food and hospitality”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We recently spent two weeks in Killington and dined at the Snow Angel Tavern three times! The food was tasty, fresh and locally sourced. We especially enjoyed the grilled salmon and fish and chips. The Blueberry Mojito was also great. The Staff was very attentive and engaging. The restaurant was also very child-friendly.The Snow Angel is a very welcome addition to the Killington/Mendon area, and we will definitely be going back during our next visit.

rutland
“Don't miss this Gem!”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We are locals and have been to Snow Angel about five times and each time seems better than the last.
The service is exceptional - friendly and very pleasant.
Do yourself a favor and stop in.

Copenhagen
“Perfect food!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We were recomended to dine at The Snow Angel by the manager of our motel. We were lucky to arrive on at thursday evening: it was grill-evening! We had 3 different main courses to choose between. My whife chose the chicken and I the filet mignon. And the food was so good that we almost forgot to drink our wine. Along with it came corn on the cob and it was delicious. It took a littel long to get the food which was about to only give 4 stars, but a very friendly staff made us give it 5. Our warmest recomandations!! By the way: very afordable prices!!