“Great Food!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Snow Angel Tavern - CLOSED

The Snow Angel Tavern
Cuisines: American, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Snow Angel Tavern is a chef-owned and family-run restaurant in the Killington/Rutland area. The menu is gastro-pub fare; fresh food with a creative twist. We offer you an upscale pub food menu where everything is homemade—right down to the French Fries and Whipped Cream.The Snow Angel Tavern is a place where you can get fine dining quality, but still feel like you're in a casual pub and the prices are more than reasonable! You can bring your entire family because there is something for everybody: fresh seafood and steaks, nightly specials, home-made desserts, exotic cocktails... and of course, a special Kid's menu!
Richfield, Minnesota, United States
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

This cute little restaurant packs a great food punch!!! The ribs were fantastic. The wait staff were very very nice and very accommodating. I will most definitely visit this place again when in Vermont. Have to visit this place. Very well worth it!!!!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Sharon D

vermont
“new this year”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

all reports about this new restaurant have been enthusiastically positive. when i finally was able to try it myself, i found that the reputation was well deserved. the food was perfectly prepared, the cocktails excellent and generous, the staff friendly and welcoming.
there is a new deck open for the warm weather. picturesque and comfortable.
there are many specials for different days with special promotional prices.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cjmumms
Rutland, Vermont
“nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

I went with family and friends for the Wednesday special or prime rib. I was the only one that didn't get the rib but they all enjoyed it and my sample of it was very good. I ordered the schnitzel in caper sauce and it was very very good! We got there before 6 so we beat the crowd that came about an hour later. House wine was reasonably priced. It wasn't a huge menu but the selections sounded fine and I understand everything is home made. For dessert I had the brownie with caramel and it was very yummy!! Service was great and the place was clean. Saw lots of local people enjoying the place so that was nice. We will definitely go back. I want to try the prime rib next time and everything else:>

• Visited March 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“An Enjoyable and Tasty Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

After hearing great things from friends we went for Prime Rib Wednesday and we were not disappointed! I had the Cobb Salad to start and the prime rib special, an 11 oz. cut of prime rib that was melt in your mouth tender. Our server, Julia was pleasant, attentive, knowledgeable and sweet. The berry cobbler was very good and we enjoyed every aspect of our meal. The only thing I missed was some great bread to go with our meal. Thank you for a wonderful first experience. We will be back!

• Visited March 2012
Southeast PA
“Quaint Place with Attentive Staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

My husband and I recently had dinner at Snow Angels during a weekend visit to the Killington area. It was recommended to us by a staff member at our hotel. We arrived at 5:30, and were asked if we had a reservation. We did not, but they were still able to seat us immediately. The table we had was very small, and was so wobbly we could not put our drinks on it. My husband tried to fix it, unsuccessfully, so the waitress and hostess moved us to another table. They were most apologetic, and we were happy because our second table was not only stable, but bigger.
My husband had steak for dinner, which he said was cooked exactly as requested. I had a wonderful creation of boneless chicken wrapped with paper-thin bacon, filled with a delicate stuffing. The presentation was top-notch, and the food delicious.
While the furnishings are not new here, it was obvious every effort was made to create an inviting, special atmosphere. Little candles were burning, clean tablecloths, little vases with fresh cut flowers, and soft music helped create a nice dining experience.
We noticed some diners knew the staff...I always think it reflects well on a restaurant when the locals patronize it!
I would recommend Snow Angels for a weekend dinner for couples and groups of adults. There are two bars, but most guests were seated at tables and not the bars while we were there.
A nice touch...one of the waitresses walked around with a pitcher of water re-filling water glasses occasionally.
Overall, a nice experience.

• Visited February 2012