“Needs refurbishing, but summer rate was great”

and 1 more site!
Budget Host Killington Lodge
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Mendon
Reviewed June 26, 2014

This hotel is showing its age, especially if you get a look at the attached structure in the back of the building, which seems badly neglected. The room itself was clean enough for me. Wi-fi worked perfectly. TV info sheet listed 25 channels, including several premium channels, but we only got 10 or so, none of them premium. Breakfast wasn't much. Building is well set back from the highway. Our rate on a weekend in June was just $49, so all in all it was a good deal, but I would not pay ski-season rates to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RoadTripRoger

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I had a very positive experience and plan to return next ski season. Our room was clean and comfortable. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The free breakfast was an extra bonus! My grand daughter really loved the place and didn't want to leave! A great deal for the money, and conveniently located near Pico and Killington ski resorts.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Worst experience ever. Dirty room, stayed 4 nites they never vacuumed the floors. Terrible smell In rooms. Stayed on first floor locks broken on window. Door looked like it had pushed in many times , did not feel safe. Breakfast was donuts and bagels . Date on donut box showed they had expired on the 14th. We were there on the 21st. I know it's an econo lodge but I expect clean safe room. Also walls paper thin and ceiling above creaked whenever anyone walked on them. How they keep their franchise is beyond me.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Phi W
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I can't believe that some people are surprised when they book a room at an EconoLodge and expect a nice hotel room... Basically with this hotel you get what you pay for. I just booked this hotel over Hotwire for a last minute presidents day ski trip. The lady who checked us in was pleasant and check in was smooth. The place is run down needs a major facelift. The rooms are dark and smelly. Walls were paper thin. The beds were the worst I have slept on in a while. Im young with no back problems and getting up in the morning was a difficult. I read other travelers mentioning about the heating problem.. well when I arrived to the room the first thing I went for was the windows because it was unbearably hot in there. I looked around for a thermostat on the wall.. none to be found. But the control is actually on the radiators it self. There is a nob that you can adjust. Once I did I closed the windows and the room was more comfortable. The room was decent sized with two beds and a sitting area.

This is how I survive when the only hotels available are ones like this because sometimes its unavoidable... Pack your own sheets! I make a care package of sheets, pillow cases and a cheap comforter (wal-mart is the best place for these items). When you get to the hotel rip all the bedding off except the fitted sheet and replace with your bedding. That way you won't have to worry about your face touching the disgusting floral print one. Also you can sit down on the bed and not feel gross. Also bring slippers so your bare feet don't touch the nasty rug, flip flops for the shower and a travel size of clorox wipes. If you do all that, your stay will be bearable. And I definitely recommend the travel package for this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Spent three nights here to ski at Killington. Beds were comfortable. Room was clean. It is old but it was pleasant and good value. Breakfast of donuts, toast, bagels and instant oatmeal with coffee and juice is not fancy but worked for us. WiFi worked well and its convenient to Killington or Pico and Rutland.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank ghself
Reviewed October 11, 2013

When I saw the add on the Internet, I though at least the place will be nice to have a good night of sleep. First the tub drain was clogged, we inform the front desk and they not even offer another room (was myself, my husband and my two kids using the same tub!). The ac didn't work, we had to open the window to get some air. The night stand had some syrups inside the drawer (disgusted). Next time, for sure, I'll not gonna stay there!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank CarolTP
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Quoted one price on the phone.Taxes came to more and a gratuity of $4.97 is charged as a tax. What is this all about? No answer for this charge. Watch your final checkout statement. Never saw this before.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tim R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mendon
Mendon Mountainview Lodge
Hampton Inn Rutland/Killington
Comfort Inn Trolley Square
Best Western Inn & Suites Rutland-Killington
Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 12 in Rutland

Been to Budget Host Killington Lodge? Share your experiences!