Wow! This place seemed nice online but when we got there we were shocked.
1) The rooms are basically small cabins in the parking lot. Very Noisy?
2) The “shallow well” had gotten rather low so they were filtering the pool water and recycling it back into the motel rooms.
3) We checked out one room and our eyes immediately started watering due to the mold. (and I am not normally sensitive to mold!)
4) We checked out another room and found the mold problem to be even worse.
The owners seemed gracious enough about it and refunded our money but it was at peak fall foliage and only because someone up there must have been looking out for us we were able to get another room up the mountain in Killington. I don’t know how a place with this bad of a mold problem (not to mention recycling the swimming pool water into the rooms) can stay open. I am a liberal guy and like VT but being this liberal with the health codes is a bit absurd. Don’t risk your vacation or your health.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mendon Mountain Orchards and Motel offers affordable accommodations, nestled in our historic apple orchard. Our rooms are comfy and quiet, each with its own relaxed country style that is uniquely Vermont. But the best part of your stay may be the aroma of homemade apple pies from our bakery or the complimentary coffee and apple turnovers each morning! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Mendon Mountain Orchards Motel Vermont