“Staff was super!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mendon
Crofton, Kentucky
“Staff was super!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

You know that it's important to have a clean room and comfy bed - but if you don't have good staff it can make your stay bad??? That's NOT THE CASE at Mendon Mountainview. Staff was great. In the two-night stay there my friends and I encountered several friendly and helpful staff. Patrick, Mak, Connie and Kathy were all great! When we inquired of there was a laundry room, they offered to was our clothes! Staying mid-week we nearly had the place to ourselves. I'm sure when the leaves change in the coming weeks the rooms will be booked (as well as ski season). Glad we made the stop and will recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank C B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Newtown, Connecticut
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Hubby and I have been coming up to Mendon Mountainview Lodge for many years. I am happy to see the lodge is under new management. Patrick, Krista, Connie and Maksim couldn't have made our stay more pleasant. I always look forward to going to Sugar & Spice for breakfast as hotel breakfasts usually leave a lot to be desired but not what the Lodge is now offering. Every morning we had a delicious cooked to order breakfast! The lodge is in need of some updating but I'm sure that will come. Also, I was disappointed that I couldn't get Wi-Fi in my room so had to go to the lobby to use my laptop. Once Patrick saw that I wasn't happy with this arrangement he did lend me a cable so I could connect in my room. A lot of people depend on Wi-Fi for work and if it is advertised it should be available. Because of the wonderful staff at the Lodge we will be returning again next year. It's like our home away from home when we are in Vermont.

Susan B

4 Thank courtmel11
Croton on Hudson, New York
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We came to Vermont for the foliage and the hotel was a very pleasant added surprise to the wonderful weekend. The room was lovely and the free breakfast was luscious -- and rivaled the top breakfast restaurant in the area. Definitely worth staying at the hotel for! The hotel staff were quite helpful. The General Manager, Patrick, even took the time to give us the most scenic route home, so that the weekend beauty was extended all the way home. I highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in the Killington area.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms have fireplaces.
2 Thank JackM_9
Lisbon, New York
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Patrick at the front desk was extremely helpful with local attractions and even took the time to highlite a few areas on the local map with everything from hiking trails to shopping to a good place for burgers and beer. Connie served us an amazing included breakfast with eggs to order and great french toast she was also very friendly and helpful with the local attractions. My fiance and i stayed here for 2 days and felt like we had known the staff for years. Our room was extremely clean and comfortable. Great location great staff great breakfast we cant wait to go back next year

2 Thank royal t
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My cousin was about to give birth and this was the nicest and closet hotel we could find that had rooms! The service was great and the people that work there are amazing! The staff is very helpful and will even stop and talk to you! For a hotel that is not a chain, I was very surprised to see a Keurig in my room! Also, breakfast is included with your room and homemade, the french toast is perfect! The downstairs game room/lounge is amazing and gives you enough room to relax and spend time with family and friends! I will be returning for my next visit!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Taylor H
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We were touring around New England from Cape Cod to Arcadia national park the Mountainview Lodge was the most memorable, we stayed for three nights, the staff couldn't be more helpful advising us on the area visitor sites, the local places to eat and the best local walks. The rooms were very comfortable and the complimentary hot breakfast was unique and the perfect way to start the day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank A D
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Our room was definitally good- we were out and about most of the day and coming back to a good room was something to look forward too. We checked in with max who definitally was the best! We were able to talk to him about information reguarding our destinations and he gave us awsome input about places we should go to eat/check out/ or look at. Breakfast was pretty good, the beds were cozy, and the hottub was definitally hot! Had a good stay and definitally would come back. (:

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank Louellett3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mendon
Hampton Inn Rutland/Killington
#2 of 3 in Mendon
Killington Motel
Killington Motel
#2 of 13 in Killington

Been to Mendon Mountainview Lodge? Share your experiences!