“Nice place”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mendon
Easthampton, Massachusetts
“Nice place”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Went snowboarding at killington and needed a place to crash for a night. Mt view was very affordable so we thought we'd give it a try. It was a very clean comfortable place. The staff was super friendly and the breakfast was great!!! Would deff stay again!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend booked a romantic snowboarding weekend for my birthday and we stayed here. It is simple but clean, quiet, and close to the mountain. The pancakes are delicious and the staff is SO friendly! The one thing I would suggest is asking if there are any rooms with newer beds - ours was stiff and you could hear and feel the springs. Even so, I would definitely come back next time we visit Killington or Pico.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Melissa M
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We had a whole group go up to ski at Killington and had a great time because of the people at Mendon Mountainview Lodge. We got suggestions for dinner that were perfect and even had an evening in the game room. Our breakfasts were delicious and plentiful! I had a flat tire the first morning which was taken to be fixed, unfortunately, the shop that took it was closed (the person that took it didn’t realize that) and Patrick and Gordon went above and beyond to help me get someone to open the shop so I could take my tire and get it fixed. I felt like I had additional friends right there to help me. We couldn’t have asked for anything more.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Karen H
Alford
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Not only were the accommodations terrific, with spacious rooms, a wonderful breakfast, a hot tub, a comfortable lounge (with video games for the 13-year-old), but the staff was unbelievably helpful.

We arrived in two cars, and were on the Mountain skiing when one of our drivers suffered a painful eye injury (not from skiing!) and was unable to drive. So we all came back to the hotel in one car, and one of the staff drove our remaining driver back up the access road to the parking lot to retrieve our other car.

After our stay was done, we needed to go in two directions, but we still had only one driver. So, with much help from Patrick Boandl, the General Manager, we made arrangements to leave one car, and we drove down to Boston in the other. The next day, one of us flew (at Patrick's suggestion) to Rutland, and he was there (on his day off!) to give a ride back to the hotel.

I don't know what we would have done without all this help, but I can certainly say that the staff turned what could have been a disastrous and unpleasant experience into a wonderfully enjoyable stay (injury aside). Vermont hospitality at its best!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Michael W
Apex, North Carolina
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We loved the big, cosy fireplace in the comfortable, spacious lobby with low-volume big band music playing in the background. They have a big hot-tub (which is a must after skiing), a sauna and huge game room, which our teenager enjoyed. The rooms are large and clean and we enjoyed a complimentary hot breakfast in their dining room which has a beautiful view of Pico Mtn. The breakfast waitresses Connie and Maggie were very helpful and friendly. So was Wayne the cook and Maksim at the desk. We stayed here to ski at Killington Mtn. which was only 10 min. away. We will definitely stay again next time we ski Killington. An all-around relaxing, pleasant experience at a reasonable price. : )
- Dan & Brigitte B. Apex, NC

Room Tip: The 2nd and 3rd stories will have a better view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Brigitte498
Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My sons and I were here for a holiday weekend this month. Everything good (breakfast, hot tub, free air hockey!!, great lounge) and very close to Killington. The staff were great and really came into their own after I had an extremely painful eye injury and was pretty much unable to function. They found a room to accommodate a good Samaritan friend of ours who hadn't originally planned to stay over; drove him back to Killington to retrieve his car (he'd driven mine back to the hotel, since I couldn't); were right there with info on ordering meals and anything else we needed; were completely relaxed about check-out time; gave me a bucket of ice, washcloth and sunglasses for the journey home; and advised my friend on the return journey from MA to VT to retrieve his car (they recommended the Cape Air flight) and met him at the airport. They really couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. We'll be back (I hope without the eye injury, next time).

Room Tip: The only downside for us was the door between our room and the next-door room; it was locked of cour...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank LucyMB_13
Lafayette Hill, PA
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Let me sum up my experience here by saying that I was tempted to withhold a review just to keep this lodge my little secret. That's how much my family, including three kids ranging in age from 10-17, enjoyed our stay.

The place is under new ownership and management effective September 2012 and the new group is off to an excellent start. The hotel is what one would want in a Vermont, ski-hotel. The rooms are nicely sized and very clean. There is a little sitting area in the lobby with a fireplace, a good size breakfast room where we could watch the snow come down through large bay windows, and a huge game room on the lower level. The game room contains a bunch of couches, a large television, air hockey, foosball, table shuffleboard, and lots of board games, not to mention a toddler area. The lodge also has the requisite hot tub for post-ski relaxation.

The staff there was uniformly excellent. Everyone right up to and including the general manager was extremely helpful and friendly. The general manager even helped shovel out our car after the 14-inch snow storm.

We will undoubtedly be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Michael M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mendon
Best Western Inn & Suites Rutland-Killington
Hampton Inn Rutland/Killington
Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area
Killington Mountain Lodge
Killington Mountain Lodge
#3 of 13 in Killington
Red Clover Inn & Restaurant
Killington Grand Resort Hotel

Been to Mendon Mountainview Lodge? Share your experiences!