“Nice B & B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marshfield
Hollister Hill Farm B&B
Ranked #1 of 3 Marshfield B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My sister and I booked a room on the 4th of July so we could be near my daughter and her family.
I was worried that it might be hard to find a room with such short notice on a holiday but Lee put us right in a the big front facing bedroom. We had a great time with my year old granddaughter walking around the huge lawns and visiting the animals in the barn.
The breakfast the next morning was so good with fresh raspberry pancakes and their own maple syrup.
If I ever need a place to stay in central Vermont I would return.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank vtgirl_9

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Outstanding environment, spacious rooms, friendly hosts, and the best breakfast I have ever had at a B&B. We stayed here with kids and they loved walking around the farm in the morning and seeing the animals as well as the incredible gardens. HHF is as ideal as it gets if you are looking for a farm stay or just a place to crash in upper vermont. My family will definitely come back sometime.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joseph R
Reviewed May 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I were travelling to Vermont to visiting New England Culinary Institute in nearby Montpelier. We stayed at Hollister Farm for two nights in early May 2012. It was such a treat! We were greeted by Lee and one of their golden retrievers, Ruby, as we stepped onto the porch. The house is large yet cozy with a common room that has a small refrigerator, microwave, books and boardgames for guests. Our room was very spacious (we stayed in the one with the fireplace) and let in lots of light. We were greeted each morning by the sounds of roosters (remember you are on a farm) and wonderful smells coming from the kitchen. We feasted on waffles with homemade salted butter and maple syrup, scrambled eggs, and sausage- all from the farm! We also bought a pint of their maple syrup to take home with us. The B&B is also conveniently located close to Montpelier, Barre, Stowe and Cabot- including such attractions as Ben & Jerry's and Cabot Creamery. We'll definitely be coming back again whenever we plan to stay next in Vermont!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank krazon
Reviewed March 11, 2012

This is a diamond of a place, located on a beautiful road!! Lee was so helpful in getting our last minute reservation and the rooms are huge, spacious and you feel like you are home!!

As fellow Vermonters that were just looking for a getaway, this was PERFECT!!! You will not regret your stay at this gem!

Wish we could have had the breakfast sounded delicious!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kens183
Reviewed March 3, 2012

We were a family travelling through the US from Australia and wanted to experience an authentic American country farm like the ones we saw on TV growing up. A mixture of animals, kindly farmer, big wooden barn and old fashioned farmhouse. Well, we were not disappointed and it was even better than we had hoped for. Farmer Bob and his wife Lee are friendly and welcoming and encourage you to look around the farm as you please. The house and rooms are clean and comfortable. Lee is a fantastic cook and we were joined by other guests from Spain and Switzerland at the breakfast table. Most the the food comes from their farm.

Our 5 year old daughter loved to play with the two house dogs (see photos) and also the many kittens running around. When we stayed, there were a litter of new piglets to enjoy.
We stayed for 2 nights in the family suite in October 2011 and hope to come back again in December 2012. Family suite has one large bedroom with a queen bed and a single pull-out sofa bed. It also has a connecting smaller bedroom with a single bed and it's own bathroom.

If you want to see even more photos of our USA holiday click here -

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2011

This is a truly splendid place. I returned this year and it was just as wonderful as last year. Considering how I idealized my time there it is amazing that I loved it even more this year. The breakfast alone would be worth the trip. The fresh eggs from the roving spectacularly plumaged hens, the fresh Jersey milk, the homemade jams, maple syrup from and their sugar house, their own ham bacon and sausage are all transporting. But when Leigh makes her corn bread or her corn meal and cheddar pancakes it is spectacular. And should you be so lucky as to have her vegetable frittata you may do what I did last year and plead for an extra night. All this and a particularly comfortable bed in a lovely room make this my favorite autumn treat.

Room Tip: by all means choose a fireplace room-
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 25, 2011

We stayed with Bob & Lee for 3 nights out of our 7 nights in Vermont and wish we had stayed the entire time with them. Their house is clean, very comfortable, private and quiet. Lee cooks the BEST breakfast, including all of their own farm raised eggs, meats, fresh milk; cream, butter, maple syrup & homemade goodies like baked waffles, muffins, rhubarb crumb cake & jams. The house included a comfortable family room/library for guests with a small frig, microwave, dining table & chairs and a sitting area. Our bedroom had a private bath, a very comfortable bed, a fireplace & great views! There is no TV, which we appreciated. Our trip coincided with end of one of Vt's rainiest/flooded seasons so Lee generously lent me a pair of muck boots for the three days we were there. The gardens were beautiful with vegetables, flowers and trees blossoming. We especially enjoyed walking their land and spending time with Bob & Lee in the barns learning about their farm animals and their family farming philosophy. We saw a litter of piglets, a herd of many beefalo including 2 beefalo calves born within 12 & 24 hours, chickens and roosters, hogs & Jersey milk cows. We watched the cows being milked, collected some eggs & welcomed a new young stud hog. We couldn't resist buying lots of their own maple syrup & homemade jams to take home for gifts plus a beefalo roast and a 6.25 lb (!) chicken for my relative living nearby. Lee and Bob inspired us with their lifestyle and farming and stand for everything that is good and right with the USA. We felt so welcomed and were made to feel at home. We really didn't want to leave. Our plan is to stay in touch and visit again. Big tip...bring clothes & waterproof boots that are sensible for a farm, if you plan to try out some farm work.

Room Tip: plan early, we preferred room with private bath
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hollister Hill Farm B&B? Share your experiences!