The Barnstead Inn
$152
$126
Palmer House(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$119
Four Winds Country Motel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$89
North Shire Lodge & Mountain View Pub(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$119
Weathervane Motel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$120
$116
The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$152
The Inn at Ormsby Hill(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$215
The INN at Willow Pond(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$201
$139
Wilburton Inn(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$161
Manchester View(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$99
All reviewsgreen rivermanchester centershort walkwithin walking distancelast summerbed was comfortableclose to townye olde tavernrelaxing staygas fireplacemini fridgecarriage houseneilgroundsvermontpropertywedding
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We had the good fortune to spend a lovely, stormy/snowy weekend at The Barnstead Inn in Manchester, VT. Our experience was nothing short of amazing-beautiful, clean, charming room; warm and inviting, with so many quaint Vermont touches that made our stay so enchanting. Innkeeper Neil went out of his way to accommodate us and to make this such a wonderful experience. We were in the Green Room, a lodge room that feels like the best of Vermont. Furniture is so comfortable and many pieces are antique, and the bed is a dream. The bathroom and jaccuzi was so relaxing, and the fireplace made a perfect touch. With shopping and fine restaurants only just down the street, we were able to make the most of our stay. We plan on booking another stay before we leave to try another room. If you are looking for a romantic get a way, this is the place to make a reservation! Close to ski areas, outlet shops and beautiful grounds. Highly recommend!!

Room Tip: The Green Room is wonderful-one of the nicest I have ever been in!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thezwartsofny
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and I spent a recent weekend in Manchester Vermont and stayed at the Barnstead Inn. The inn was once a farm and the rooms are in the restored barn complete with much of the old beams and woodwork. We stayed in the Battenkill suite, a very private and cozy bedroom with a king bed along with a separate sitting room with love seat, chair, and gas fireplace. The Barnstead is a clean comfortable place that is carefully maintained by the owners who are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bioguy
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was surprised to read a negative review about the Barnstead from a few months ago. I actually question if they had the name right of where they were staying since it was so totally opposite of anything we have experienced there!! My husband and I have stayed there several times and plan on going back next month. The rooms we have been in have all been great, Neil and Cindy are always gracious hosts, and we love the convenience to town. My husband is an avid fly fisherman and loves that he can walk into the small stream down the block to "play" before he goes to the big rivers. Our last visit was the days before "Sandy" hit and we drove home the first day of the storm. Neil even called us that night to see if we made it home to NJ okay. Great place to kick back and relax and enjoy Vermont

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CYNTHIA123123
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I had an amazing time at the Barnstead Inn and cannot wait to go back! The rooms are great - we stayed in the Green River room - absolutely amazing. Really great size, very comfortable, warm/cozy atmosphere, clean, plenty of room for a couple - includes a sitting area as well as a kitchenette, plenty of closet & drawer space, a fireplace, and a big bathroom complete w/ a jacuzzi tub. This room truly made our trip amazing - it really felt like we were staying in a house which is exactly what we were looking for. It was also very private, which was nice. Prices were also very reasonable.

The Inn is also in a great location - just a 10 minute walk into Manchester Center!!

Neal (owner) was a great host - very accommodating and made us feel right at home... it really never felt like we were at an Inn, which is tough to find these days!

Room Tip: Green River Room! Highly recommended!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cherylcav
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I started visiting the Barnstead Inn with my parents and brother when I was a kid. We would drive up on a Friday night, get up in the morning and drive to Bromley or Stratton Mountains just 10 minutes away for a day of skiing. Now that I'm married, my husband and I continue the tradition every year, and he loves it just as much as me. We have brought our friends up and they love it too and return with us every year. The Barnstead has the old Vermont charm that I remember from my childhood, back when the old Jelly Mill was still around and Manchester was a little less built up (don't get me wrong, I love all the shopping and dining that's available now, and the Barnstead is less than a minute drive to the center of town). The rooms are very quiet and warm, with quaint, adorable decorations and comfortable beds. The bathrooms are clean and the water is always hot. The mini-fridge in the room is the perfect size to hold our cold apres-ski beers. Neil and Cynthia are always warm and welcoming, and remember us year after year. We feel like we are visiting a home away from home when we stay at the Barnstead, and we can't wait for our next visit!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family