“Peaceful & private Vermont inn” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Barnstead Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manchester
The Barnstead Inn
Ranked #5 of 12 Manchester B&B and Inns
Deerfield, MA
“Peaceful & private Vermont inn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

We recently spent a long weekend at this inn. We stayed in the Green River Lodge suite. The room was extremely private and quiet. We never heard a sound the entire weekend, despite having other guests located in the same inn. We had breakfast at Up for Breakfast and dinner at Ye Olde Tavern (both excellent). Breakfast is not included at this Inn, but wanting to sleep in on Saturday, we brought in baked goods and fresh fruit/yogurt. The suite had a fridge, wine glasses, and a microwave. It was so great to have these amenties! The suite itself was very dark (a minor complaint). It was clean, spacious, and the jacuzzi tub for two was a welcome source of relaxation. This is not an upscale inn by any means, but it was in an excellent location and provided us with the quiet, relaxing weekend we so desperately needed.

Room Tip: Green River Lodge suite is spacious. There is a sitting area with two large lounge chairs. They ar...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

Wonderful stay at the Barnstead, we loved the green river lodge room. The owners were very friendly and helpful. It even managed to snow for us, which was much appreciated during the mildest winter in recent history since we came to ski Stratton!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

We enjoyed the proximity to town. Staff is friendly and efficient. Nice that they're welcoming of children.

Great breakfast place in town, btw: Up for Breakfast.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

We needed a place to stay in the Manchester area at the last minute. The Barnstead happened to be having a special on remaing available rooms for that weekend. We stayed in one of their suites for a very great price. The innkeepers were really nice and very accommodating. They even brought in a pack and play crib for our son so we didn't have to travel with one. I'd definitely stay again if we're ever back in the area.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Rjoymelgood
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at The Barnstead Inn this past weekend. The hosts upgraded us to their largest suite at the last minute due to a cancellation, which was unexpected and very kind! The suite was cozy, just the way you picture it should be in Vermont in the winter time! It was also very clean and quiet. So close to everything in the center of town, you can walk right there if you wanted. The host Neil was very friendly and helpful.
Would absolutely recommend anyone stay here. No complaints at all!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jilliancims
Milton, Vermont, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

My husband and I recently spent time there, and we both wished we could have stayed longer! But due to our schedules it wasn't possible. When I had looked it up online,and I saw the rooms, I knew it was a place for us.When we got there and went to our room- the first words out of our mouths was WOW! I love this room! It was even more cozy and comfortable than it had looked in the picture. We will definitely going back again, and I encourage anyone that will be traveling through Manchester to do the Same.
Thank you,Cindy and Neil for everything! Lori S

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lori S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

Recently I had to travel for business to Southern Vermont. As it was my first time in this neck of the woods, I had no idea where I might find lodging for a few nights. One of the locals who work for my parent company stirred me surprisingly enough away from the local resort hotel. She said she wanted me to have the “Real New England” experience. Instead, I followed her just a hop, skip, and a jump through town to a beautiful establishment called the Barnstead Inn.

This little gem of an inn is centrally located close enough to Manchester proper, (walking distance) but far enough away if you want just the peacefulness of the Green Mountains that surround this restored New England Carriage House.

From the minute I walked into the inn I knew it was going to be a great experience…I was greeted with one of the warmest smiles and “Welcome to the Barnstead Inn” salutations that I have ever had anywhere in my tenure has a business traveler. That’s important to me! The atmosphere was just what my soul needed after a long drive---soothing but not dull either. The interior decor reminded me that I was really in New England; earthy and warm. The room was quaintly decorated, spacious, immaculately clean, and the bed was just the way I like it… firm. The service was attentive but not overbearing and always accompanied by that sincere New England smile.

I plan on retuning with my hubby for a little getaway this summer and can’t wait to share the charm of the inn with him. If you’re coming to Manchester, VT and need a place to relax for a few days or a few weeks, I honestly can recommend the Barnstead Inn. It’s a diamond in the rough and an experience you will return to again and again!!

Amanda Smith CFP/CPA