“Feeling like home away from home in all aspects of our stay!”
Review of The Barnstead Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manchester
The Barnstead Inn
Ranked #5 of 12 Manchester B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 2, 2011

I cannot say enough about the place...such an eloquent location. Owners make your stay a very welcomed one to say the least. Anything you need at a moments notice is taken care of. You cannot have a fufilled summer without spending time here in this beautiful New England setting. A must do!

• Stayed: July 2010

Reviewed May 30, 2011

My husband and I were in town for a wedding and originally picked the Inn for it's proximity to the venue and a place to crash post-wedding. We would definitely stay here again on our next trip to Vermont! We asked to check in a bit early and the owners Neil and Cynthia were more than accommodating. They told us the room had just been checked out of but they would get it ready within the hour. Upon checking in I asked Cynthia for a coupon book for the outlet shopping down the road which she was happy to retrieve, as well as give us specific recommendations on where the best deals could be found for what we were looking for. We stayed in the Green River Room, which was very spacious - complete with very comfortable queen bed and a sitting area with loveseat and arm chair. My husband was really impressed by the huge closet and bar/kitchen area and commented, "we could live here for weeks at a time!" The bathroom was very clean and large, with a great jacuzzi tub and nice water pressure from the shower. The room was so picturesque. Complete with a cozy fireplace, exposed beams and lots of greens, reds and deep oranges that felt very appropriately suited to the classic Vermont decorating style. Vermont travel books were on the rustic desk and coffee table for us to leaf through. If I were to suggest any improvement to the staff it would simply be that the bath towels were a little worn. Overall, the grounds and rooms were beautiful and the owners were so nice! Will definitely come back on our next trip to VT!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
neilhumph, Owner at The Barnstead Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2011

Thank you!
The new Linen Company takes over this month!
Thanks again,
Neil & Cynthia
Barnstead Innkeepers

Reviewed May 30, 2011

My fiance and I stayed here 2 nights for a nearby wedding and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We stayed in the Green River Room, and were greeted by a cold fridge, cool room (welcome on the first hot day of the year) and fireplace (not heat emitting) turned on! The room was beautiful and felt very private. The property is set back from the road for that extra quiet ambiance. We especially enjoyed the jacuzzi tub in the bathroom as part of our relaxing weekend away. Next time we are in the area we will definitely be staying with Neil and Cynthia!

Thank you!
The Green River Room is my favorite as well. It is named after the River that my kids and I would fish quite often in nearby Sandgate, Vermont where I grew up. I have had take Cynthia a few times, being from Chicago I had to show her the right way to fish. Just kidding.
Thanks again, Cynthia & I totally enjoy being around such positive and upbeat people. They're, (you are), the best!
Cynthia & Neil
P.S. That room will be sporting a nice new king bed in the not too distant future! It needs it.

Reviewed May 26, 2011

We visit the Barnstead Inn every 4th of July with my 3 young children. The kids love to swim in the pool and look for frogs by the pond. Cindy and Neil welcome us as if though we were family. We can all relax and sit around a fire and enjoy a little BBQ. The best part for the kids is they can watch the fireworks from a great spot since they are right across from the rec center. I would highly recommend staying at the Barnstead. You couldn't ask for better people to surround your family with.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Scasey5
Reviewed May 26, 2011

My boyfriend and I visit Manchester, VT about once a month and we always stay at the Barnstead Inn. The rooms are rustic chic with exposed beams and have a warm cabin feel. Neil and Cynthia always welcome us with a smile and know us on a frist name basis now. The property is lovely with a swimming pool, gazebo and cozy fire pit.
You can't beat the value and experience at the Barnstead Inn.

Reviewed May 26, 2011

I have been visiting Manchester, Vermont regularly since 1985. My favorite place to stay is the Barnstead Inn. It is just up the street from the beautiful village where all the great shopping and restaurants are located. It is a short drive from Stratton and Bromley mountains where I love to ski. The rooms are beautifully decorated and have a rustic Vermont charm, but with all the modern conveniences. I am a clean freak and I have never been disappointed with my room at the Barnstead. The sheets are always clean, the rugs are always vacuumed, and the bathroom is always immaculate. And the best part? Absolutely no bed bugs! (As a city dweller, I'm always on the lookout). Perhaps the most important reason why I keep coming back is the service. Innkeepers Neil and Cynthia are extremely approachable, friendly and responsive. I recently booked a room for this summer and had a few questions. Neil was on vacation but responded to my emails immediately. Also, the rates are very fair. In Manchester it's hard to find a place to stay that isn't outrageously expensive. Your alternative is a few musty, decaying motels from the 1970s...yuck. The Barnstead strikes the perfect balance of affordability, cleanliness and charm. Oh and did I mention there's a pool? Love it! See you this summer!

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank phillygirlll
Reviewed May 26, 2011

By far the best experience I've had at a Bed and Breakfast!

The rooms are super cozy inside of the quaint renovated barn. The location is ideal for shopping and dining in downtown Manchester. The local swimming quarry is great for a dip in summer and you're only 20 minutes from Stratton Mountain in the winter.

Cindy and Neil who own and operate this small business are incredibly warm and fun. That's why we keep coming back since we first discovered Barnstead in 2007.

Room Tip: second floor rooms are the best