“Wonderful Stay At the Inn”
Review of The Barnstead Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manchester
The Barnstead Inn
Ranked #5 of 12 Manchester B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 12, 2007

My parents and my husband and I stayed at the Barnstead Inn for one evening. We had a wonderful experience. It was very clean, warm, quiet, and Neil was very helpful and answered all my tourist questions. It was a perfect stay and we wished we could have stayed there another evening. We even had coffee pots in the room. A real plus for us early risers. Thanks for a great stay.

Stayed: October 2007

Reviewed March 18, 2007

Property is beautiful, rooms are huge and clean, and location is perfect if you are skiing anywhere in the Bromley/Stratton area. It was a wonderful thing to have free breakfast ready for you in the morning. Owners were friendly, helpful with directions and suggestions for places to eat or rent gear. Price was a steal for a one-night stay in a 4-person, 2-bed lodge suite. Would absolutely come back here again. In fact, I probably will be here again next weekend.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank tylerette
Reviewed January 10, 2007

Wow,

This Inn explains what vermont is all about, historic & Beautiful!!! My husband and I have been coming to Manchester for years we always stayed elsewhere, but over the last few visits, this beautiful Inn has been appealing to us. Location is great, owners and family very personable, and over all experience!!! During the evenings we were able to sit around a nice outdoor fire and speak of pastime adventures with other guest!!!!

2 thumbs up for the Barnstead!

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank krenz711
Reviewed October 23, 2006

barnstead inn was very nice-nicely appointed, clean rooms and the owners friendly, close to town. only negative is no breakfast offered and no central lobby "meeting area" to meet and talk to other guests...if you are looking for that type of stay where there is a big fireplace and people are hanging out around it having some drinks, then stay at the equinox-if you are looking for peace and quiet then this is the place! all in all, a very nice place to stay-would definately recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank duckling2
neilhumph, Owner at The Barnstead Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2011

Thank you! We have taken care of the common area dilema. We now have a couple of them.
Thank you!
Neil & Cynthia
Barnstead Innkeepers

A TripAdvisor Member
Cortland, OH
Reviewed July 1, 2006

2002 was the last time I was able to visit Vermont. The Barnstead Innstead as it was called in the beginning was totally amazing. Great rooms, great view, withing walking distance of town. A beautiful Church across the street with a pond and a willow tree. Nothing but the best at the Barnstead Inn. Unless, since then it has changed owners, The owners were also kind and careing people.

Stayed: October 2002
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
mikesmead, Owner at The Barnstead Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2007

Thank you so much for your kind words! Yes, we are still the same owners. We will be here forever! Not only is it a great place to visit, it's also a great place to live! We try to improve the place a little more every year. Please come again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed October 25, 2004

I went out to Vermont for a fall foliage tour and stayed at the Barnstead Inn... it was fantastic! Comfortable room, beautiful location, and it was within walking distance of the town center, which was great. Also, the owners were so nice! Since I'd never been to Vermont, they recommended scenic drives for me to take and helped make sure I wouldn't get lost. They were always available to answer any questions that I had. I really enjoyed my stay there and I'd highly recommend it to anyone else who's planning to visit Vermont.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 12, 2003

Have been going to Barnstead for 17 years. Beautiful property with well maintained rooms. Our favorite place in New England.

5  Thank rlprob