“What a treat!”

The Inn at Manchester
Ranked #2 of 12 Manchester B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 7, 2010

My fiance and I just returned from an overnight at the Manchester Inn. We frequent Vermont and that area but we never stayed at the Inn. What a wonderful surprise! We were greated as soon as we arrived, Julie and her son Frank made us feel very welcome. The grounds are beautiful in the Spring, we were truly impressed by the landscaping and all the beautiful flowers surrounding the Inn and around the pool area. Julie even gathered some of the flowers as a birthday gift and placed them in our room in a nice vase, a fabulous touch! Breakfast was prepared by Frank and it was amazing! We really didn't want to leave and plan on a return in the spring time again!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 30, 2010

My daughter was turning 13 and had never been to a B&B yet. She had surfed the web in November and found the PARSLY room and feel in love with it so much, it became her screen saver. High praise indeed for a teenager! Being a single mom cost often prohibits many trips, Julie helped me arrange a wonderful surprize birthday vacation! My daughter was enchanted from the moment we arrived to the time we left. We will be making this a new family tradition folks, so you better hope she tires of the PARSLY room before your own March visit! LOL

The accomodations were lovely, immaculate, very comfortable and completely CHARMING!
I did warn Frank that I would be stealing the bed because it was so comfortable. Thank God they actually sell the sheets!!! Ladies, I am talking sleeping on CLOUD NINE here!!

The breakfasts were delicious, homemade and a new treat every day. We had waffels with fresh whipcream and blueberries, there was local made VT maple syrup on the tabel, fresh brewed coffee with "goodies" and a large variety of tea to choose from. Enjoyed every bite Frank lovingly prepared! It was worth being kicked off weight watchers! I simply blamed the extra pounds on not being able to feed their personable pooch "CHI". Well, that is my story and I'm sticking to it!

While the INN was WONDERFUL, what makes it MEMORABLE was the straight up "down home Southern hospitality" rarely experienced anywhere these days. I have spent many years in the south and simply felt like I was back HOME. Frank and Julie were absolutely responsable for the happy memories and the hugs upon leaving. My daughter insists we return again this year, so her new VT teddy bear named "CHI" can visit with "his family."

MOMS pay attention here.....this INN may be in Manchester but, it sure feels like HOME to me!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank avanurse
Reviewed March 26, 2010

My wife & I spent a two night getaway @ the Inn at Manchester. We found both Frank and Julie very helpful and accomodating to our needs, the inn is very comfortable and is close enough to town for convenience. We enjoyed the breakfast and the small bar area in the main house is very convenient for a late afternoon drink. Will definitly stay there again when in the area.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2010

A B&B is only as good as its innkeepers, and Frank and Julie Hanes do a great job in running theirs. Our room (Garden Room) was a nice size and had a gas fireplace with a flatscreen tv over the mantel. There was a small sitting area and two closets to hang your clothes. The bathroom was on the small size but adequate. Frank and Julie were very welcoming and willing to do anything possible to insure that we had an enjoyable stay. They suggested two good restaurants and some entertaining places to visit.
There were four fireplaces in the common rooms on the first floor and a spacious breakfast room. Adequate parking is behind the b&b. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cdeast
Reviewed January 10, 2010

This was our first visit to Vermont and the Inn at Manchester was a great way to start our stay in the beautiful state. Although Julie was away during our stay, Frank made us feel welcome and assisted us with our luggage to the second floor. We traveled with our two kids and parent; there was something for everyone! The kids enjoyed the pool, the chess game, and the lovable dog, Chai! My mother enjoyed the rocking chairs on the front porch. We stayed for two nights and the breakfasts were absolutely delicious! Only one slight complaint - pool was not heated so the water was cold; however, my kids didn't care. I highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 12, 2009

I travel 50 weeks per year on business all over North America. Vacation for me is to stay home and not go anywhere. I stayed at the Inn at Manchester on a business trip. I didn't want to leave. This place feels like home. Frank and Julie have done an EXCELLENT job with this Inn. I was hoping for snow so that my flight would get cancelled so I could stay a couple more days. I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone who is looking for a great place to stay.

The breakfast is out of this world!!! Frank is quite the chef. When you walk downstairs, you smell the aroma of bacon, coffee and other "treats" that Frank is cooking up.

Frank & Julie have me change my mind about vacations. I will now travel 51 weeks per year so that my family can enjoy the experience of the Inn at Manchester!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank jtravels47
Reviewed November 28, 2009

We just returned from a wonderful three night stay at The Inn at Manchester. We have stayed at numerous other B&B's in Manchester and this was by far the best experience. We will definitely return. The room was beautiful and very clean, as was the entire house. Julie and Frank truly define what B&B hosts should be, very friendly and extremely accomodating....they aim to please in every way minus the snobbery we have encountered in some other B&B's. We stayed in "Blue Phlox" which had incredibly soft and luxurious bed linens and a really comfortable bed and pillows (which I imagine all their rooms have). Breakfast was satisfying and changed daily. They always offered to prepare something else if the daily selection was not to our liking or if we had special dietary needs. We also really liked the free "pantry" where you can grab a bottle of water, or a cup of coffe, or the special baked treat of the day like their "friendship bread" which is too die for! The location is excellent and there is plenty of parking. Bottom line, we highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple