“Wonderful place, wonderful family”

The Inn at Manchester
Ranked #1 of 12 Manchester B&B and Inns
Lancaster, South Carolina
“Wonderful place, wonderful family”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is a great property. The old house is beatifully restored and maintained and the neighboring building is very well done. The breakfast was excellent. But what really makes this place is the Family. You can tell this is a labor of love. They work hard and it shows. If you are going to Manchester see if rooms are available as this place books up and for good reason.
The Main house has some nice sitting rooms, a full bar (Daughter Alice is taking "informal" bartending lessons), and a good size dining room, along with a pool and ample parking. Nice to sit on the porch or the green. Not a place I would take kids but nice for both romantics and older couples. We will be back.

Room Tip: Study the website and ask questions to get the best room for you.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed twice, August and March. Frank and Julie and everyone we were in contact with were warm, welcoming, and frequently went out of their way to make sure we had a great stay. Both our winter and summer visits were outstanding. Everything was clean. The rooms were charming. The breakfast was delicious. We really did feel at home. It is an old building and the walls aren't the thickest, but otherwise after two visits about 7 or 8 months apart, I still can't think of any real complaint of anything I would change about the place. Also Frank and Julie had great recommendations and advice about local spots to check out. Thanks Frank, you guys were awesome.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to check out the rooms in the Carriage House, we actually preferred the Green Br...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Belize
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is one of the most beautiful inns in Manchester. We have visited the area on many occasions and always dreamed of staying here. We were finally able to do so and it was totally worth it. We stayed in the Sage Room. Great suite, with a separate sitting area and desk, lots of space and a view of the carriage house and rest of the property. We were also lulled to sleep by the sounds of the tiny babbling brook. The breakfast was decent, but could have used more passion, that's the only reason I gave 4 instead of 5 stars. Alice, the daughter, attended to us during our stay and was very friendly and attentive. My wife and I would definitely recommend a stay here and I would definitely return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My daughter was married on June 7th at Hildene and we had folks from all over the country staying at the Inn at Manchester including the bride . I cannot begin to express my heartfelt love and gratitude to Frank and Julie, and their precious daughter Alice, and Kevin for all the attention and consideration. It's a magnificent Inn and I cannot imagine staying anywhere else in Manchester and surrounding areas.

• Stayed June 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We were in Manchester, VT for a wedding and we loved staying at this Inn. The people who own the Inn are wonderful and helpful and the Inn is quaint and very cute. It is a close walk to the hiking trails in town and there is a great little pool at the Inn. I would recommend it to anyone heading to Manchester, VT!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
New York
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My friend got married at the Equinox a few weeks ago and I was in the bridal party. I stayed down the block at the Inn. The rooms are small but charming. We stayed in "Parsley." The service was excellent. I accidentally left my shoes in the room and they mailed them back to me. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed May 2013
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We enjoyed this Inn very much. It was a great location to the town of Manchester. Frank and Julie are so gracious. They were very helpful to us with all our requests. Part of their agenda is to help you have a wonderful stay. We enjoyed meeting them and wish them continued success with the Inn. The grounds are beautifully kept and our room Wintergreen was nicely done. The breakfast each morning was delicious and we felt well care for. If we ever revisit Manchester this Inn will be on our list of places to stay again. You should put it on yours as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple