“Cozy, and a warm welcome -- as always --”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manchester
The Inn at Manchester
Ranked #1 of 12 Manchester B&B and Inns
Buda, Texas
“Cozy, and a warm welcome -- as always --”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We are lucky enough to make it to The Inn at Manchester about once a year, and the visit that ended today was better than ever -- Frank and Julie, the innkeepers, make us feel as though we are among their favorite guests, and I would bet that *a lot* of people leave with that same feeling. The main house is spacious and well-arranged; there is a second building, a renovated barn, with very nice large rooms that were rebuilt within the past year or so. Breakfast is great, served in a group of sunny and pleasant rooms, and we also like the bar (surprise!) -- you can have drinks indoors, out on a couple of porches, or out in comfy Adirondack-style chairs under tall trees. We've always found our rooms quiet, comfortable, and eminently sleepable; the surrounding village offers a lot of shopping, a good nearby art center, and a dining scene that seems to get better by the year (try the Silver Fork, just up the street, and Brasserie L'Oustau, to the east on the way up to Londonderry). The Northshire Bookstore is not to be missed, and there's always Orvis... but the main point here is that the Inn is the perfect base for exploring all of those options. We started doing our Manchester visits here several years ago, when another local hostelry more or less dropped the ball, and we have never looked back --

Room Tip: Wood Lily suite is a good choice in the summer, as it's on the north side, and Primrose is great...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Frenchtown, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Although we had stayed at the Equinox on a previous visit to Manchester, we tried the Inn after looking at a bunch of alternatives online.

We stayed in the Wintergreen room with our teen daughter and it was really the perfect accommodation for our family's sensibilities. Just the right amount of luxury/elegance and privacy, plus the convenience of having the pool just downstairs.

The breakfasts were great, and I appreciated that they were included in the room rates. The Hanes family and all the staff were very friendly and helpful (when it came to recommending hikes and restaurants). Unlike some other area establishments, not stuffy or snooty.

We liked the Inn so much we are planning on making it a annual trip...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Al N
Cheshire, Connecticut
Reviewed August 16, 2012

From the moment you arrive until you say goodbye, Innkeepers Frank & Julie are so warm & welcoming making sure that your stay is everything that you hope for. The inn itself is charming with little sitting areas & a bar to enjoy & a beautiful pool with meticulous grounds that are beautiful & tranquil. We played cribbage sitting in the rocking chairs on the front porch after a fabulous breakfast of "cottage cakes (these were a unique delicious cross between an omelette & a pancake- google it to get recipe) & sausage" (cereals, fruit, & eggs any way you like them are always available) along with orange juice & perfectly brewed Green Mountain Coffee. Our room & bathroom were squeaky clean with the most comfortable mattress, sheets & pillows that we can ever remember sleeping on (we bought a set of sheets from Julie & she told us where to buy the pillows- when's the last time you bought a set of sheets from a hotel or inn?) I highly recommend The Inn at Manchester in the beautiful village of Manchester, Vermont with so much to do close by.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Greene, New York
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Inn for our anniversary in August. The Inn was beautiful with homey touches such as cookies, coffee,tea and bottled water available all day and the most amazing sheets I have ever slept on. Very friendly owners, made us feel very welcome. The grounds and pool were beautiful and we enjoyed our morning coffee on the front porch. I love that the breakfast area was large and provided small tables for those of us that wanted some privacy. The breakfasts were plentiful and delicious! we stayed in the attic and found it very quiet. I did wonder how noisy the lower rooms were since the stairs are creaky and people were coming and going constantly. We loved the inn but didn't love the area, a little too country clubbish for us.

Room Tip: Get a top floor in the main house or carriage house, much quieter.
Dover Plains, New York, United States
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This by far was the most beautiful stay we have ever had while traveling, Julie, Frank and family could not have been better, the genuine home feel we received right as we walked through the door until we departed was amazing. We are headed back to stay in October and cannot wait.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mark C
Boston, MA
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed at the Inn at Manchester early this summer. The Inn itself is beautiful and the owners Julie and Frank couldn't have been more welcoming. They are such a nice couple. We stayed on the first floor, which was a bit noisy because of the bar, but the room was very comfortable and clean. It was one of the best beds I've slept in!
However, I felt that the environment of the inn was very uncomfortable. I'm not sure who the people were (either other guests or just friends of Julie and Frank's) but we definitely got glares and I felt like I was being looked at up and down. I've never ever had this anywhere I've stayed (and I've traveled the world). It was so uncomfortable that we spent as much time outside of the Inn as possible. Judging from other comments, this was probably a one-off experience, but I think worth mentioning.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Where_II
Hamden, Connecticut
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Inn at Manchester on August 2nd. Very nice property, close to everything in Manchester. The staff was delightful and we were made to feel at home. We stayed in the "Thyme" room. A little small,but all other rooms were booked. Very clean and comfortable. We will be going back in the future. Beautiful Grounds .Nice sized pool. Pleasant innkeepers. breakfast was great, my wife had the Vegetable Omelette, I don't eat eggs and the waitress was more than happy to bring me something else. The bed sheets were heavenly, my wife purchased a set for our bed at home.