“Always exceeds expectations!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant

The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 59 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Seminary Road
Description: The Restaurant features the Panther's renowned gourmet farm-to-table cuisine and offers a sophisticated dining experience that is among the highest rated in New England. The Patio Raw Bar is open seasonally offering Al Fresco dining for dinner in a less formal atmosphere. With views over the gardens and Mount Equinox, the Patio is a picturesque venue for a casual dinner. The Panther Pub is open for special events, private group dining and receptions and offers an intimate private dining or meeting experience.
Frankfort, KY
“Always exceeds expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We just finished our vacation, and I was surprised to see The Reluctant Panther had fallen in ranking since our last trip. I loved the food last time and wanted to go again. Yes, the restaurant is expensive. However, it is a fine dining establishment. In comparison to the other fine dining options in the area, it is not priced outrageously.

My food exceeded my expectations. My husband got a steak and I had the mushroom pasta. It was WONDERFUL! I do t even like mushrooms. It was my favorite meal while on vacation. The service was wonderful. Tim made us feel at home and was attentive to our every need.

It is a wonderful restaurant for a romantic dinner. I will return!

Visited June 2014
Karen S, General Manager at The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
We always enjoy your visits, thank you for your kind words about our restaurant & staff. I look forward to welcoming you back next year!

Falmouth, Massachusetts
“Slow service...small portions....ridiculous prices”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

We went here for dinner. We were 13 people. Understand a large party is a challenge. Waiter disappeared for big hunks o f time.....when our food finally arrived we were so disappointed. It was the smallest portions of food I have ever seen. Not one of the 13 people were happy with the experience. We felt totally ripped off. We spent 800.00 and all of us left hungry ....I got a salad that had two forkfuls of greens.....my husband pasta that was appetizer size.....our group will return next year to manchester and pass on your restaurant. We all are well travelled and eat out constantly and not one of us had ever seen such skimpy portions..

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Plandry75
Karen S, General Manager at The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thank you for your feedback, I remember your party well. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your dinner with us. I wish you had brought this to our attention when you were here as we would have done whatever possible to make your experience with us more to your taste. Many members of your group expressed their pleasure with the dining experience and the host of the dinner spoke to me to say how wonderful everything was for the group. Again, I’m sorry that this particular evening was not as you had expected.
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Nice - give a try!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Large group - got great service and food was tasty! Give it a try...upscale, but had a casual, relaxed feeling. You will be satisfied.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Brad945
New York
“Not Worth It”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Went for dinner. Service was friendly and somewhat professional. Food wasn't good. Quite frankly, for what you're served, very overpriced! Red Pepper Potato Soup was runny and tasted like it came from a can; at least it was hot. Cobb Salad Tower (served at dinner??) was more a little cake than a tower and comprised of undressed chopped Romaine, underripe Avocado, Tomato, old chewy Bacon and a bit of Blue Cheese thrown around the plate; miserable. My 30 dollar gnocchi wasn't bad, albeit flavorless and was topped with an old yellowed chervil branch. My partners chicken wasn't bad, but was served with some kind of cold bread ball. Dessert, some strawberry mess with a hair in it was so bad I really wanted my 12 bucks back. No good. Stay away.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tinkun
Seattle, Washington
“Fine dining in Manchester”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

My wife and I dined at the Reluctant Panther for our anniversary. Everything was impecable. A table for two. Attentive servers. I had the quail appetizer, which was perfectly prepared; and the lobster ravioli. A great chef and a perfect dining experience.

• Visited May 2014