“impressive restaurant”

The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 61 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Seminary Road
Description: The Restaurant features the Panther's renowned gourmet farm-to-table cuisine and offers a sophisticated dining experience that is among the highest rated in New England. The Patio Raw Bar is open seasonally offering Al Fresco dining for dinner in a less formal atmosphere. With views over the gardens and Mount Equinox, the Patio is a picturesque venue for a casual dinner. The Panther Pub is open for special events, private group dining and receptions and offers an intimate private dining or meeting experience.
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This was a very romantic, classy place. Really good service, beautiful atmosphere. Not a huge menu but what they did they did well.Be ready to spend some $, but it's a treat.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

After reading the fabulous reviews we opted to try the Panther over the Siver Fork. Perhaps it was just a bad night in the kitchen but everything that could have gone wrong did. I would consider. The room is gorgeous and the inn seems to be fabulous since it was knocked down and completely rebuilt. $15 bucks for a caesar is a little pricey in my book - considering the fact that the cheese plate is $16 much better deal. The Pan Roasted chicken was tough. The wine list was good. For the prices we just expected alot more. I would give it more stars if the food had lived up to our expectations - the room is very nice. I am sure that the rooms at the inn are gorgeous.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My wife & I have been going to Southern Vermont for several years, and had always wanted to (but inexplicably hadn't) try the Reluctant Panther Restaurant and Inn. This past weekend we celebrated my wife's birthday there, and the Panther did not disappoint.

As far as restaurants in Southern Vermont go, this is an upscale affair (which means that anywhere else it would still be considered a "smart casual" dining experience). For starters, the dining room is very well appointed, the crowd slightly subdued and the waitstaff very professional. There is a very cool, small, wood paneled bar adjacent to the man dining room as well as a very quaint outdoor seating area off to the side.

Both my brother (a well traveled businessman) and my wife (born and raised in Paris) are wine aficionados, and both were very impressed with the extensive wine list provided at the Panther. Our appetizers ranged from mixed greens, seafoods and various meaty dishes all of which were very well prepped and served promptly. The size of the meals at the Panther are just right.

Three of the folks at our table ordered the Trout entree's and all were very satisfied. I opted for the Chicken Breast served on a bed of risotto, with asparagus. My meal was excellent, and the chicken was very tender and juicy.

This brings us to the desserts..... There is one in particular what I'd like to mention. The coffee and doughnuts. This is not of the Dunkin' Donuts variety (no offense to D&D), but rather one of the best desserts I have ever tasted. The dessert was so good, that I'd have to consider it as a possible candidate for an imaginary "last meal".

This is a really good restaurant. Great food, VT atmosphere, with just enough of a formal setting to provide a great dining experience.

1  Thank DQuigs
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband is a foodie and he still drools talking about the meal we had. Everything was wonderful. The atmosphere was very nice for a romantic anniversary dinner. If you are in the area and love great fine dining, don't miss this gem.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Upscale but relaxing. The service, food and wine were amazing. Frank, short ribs and wine! A great combination! Definitely try it and also try the raw bar. You won't be disappointed.