“A good night out”
Review of YE OLDE TAVERN

YE OLDE TAVERN
Ranked #2 of 59 Restaurants in Manchester
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Ye Olde Tavern is open daily... Cocktails start at 4:30pm and Dinner is from 5:00pm with last seating at 9:00pm. Reservations are always suggested. Our Tavern is handicapped accessible and attire is casual neat. Ye Olde Tavern has private rooms for meetings and special events, such as Brunch, Lunch, Dinner and Cocktails. We can serve up to 90 people in the entire circa 1790 Colonial Inn.The State of Vermont has recognized our circa 1790 Colonial Inn as a 'Green Restaurants'. Wine Spectator & Wine Enthusiast Magazine have recognized our Wine List as one of the best in the country. Minna & Michael Brandt- Proprietors Cassandra Bender- General Manager Cliff Cooper- Executive Chef Reservations are suggested.
Cheshire
“A good night out”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We had a meal in this establishment when staying in the Palmer In which is next door.

The food menu is varied and of good quality. The restaurant building is old and quaint although as we are from the UK we are accustomed to buildings much older.

What stood out for us was the service. Our waitress was simply one of the best we have come across with nothing too much trouble and possessing an excellent sense of humour. We think her name was Cassandra B. Ask for a table in her station.

Prices are not cheap but for the quality of food represent value for money.

Would be delighted to visit again if we are ever back in the area.

Michael B, Owner at YE OLDE TAVERN, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Thank you for choosing to spend an evening at our historic tavern (I know it is not as old by British standards). We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed Cassandra and the cuisine. We will certainly pass along your kind words. Thank you once again and we look forward to your next visit to Vermont. Michael.

Walpole, Massachusetts
“Not up to par”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

6 of us were staying next door at the Palmer House. The four had been here before and good
things to say and they booked it. I had the stuffed mushrooms app. the 4 they gave were so small
the flavor was good but not enough for the money. My wife had the Duck app that was wonderful
and what one would expect for the price. I had Prime rib cooked the way they want, it was ok, My wife had the liver and onions with bacon she said it was very good. The whole diner could have been better, however there was one table that was so loud that you could not hear anyone at our table speak, I could not hear my wife seated next to me. When the manager came by I ask if they he could speak to the table to see if they could calm down a little I was told no. So they let one party ruin the dinner of 4 other parties. If it had been just my wife and I, we would have left, being with two other couples this was not an option. Our Total bill was $440 for that kind of money you would think management should have done something. However we will not be back. The other parties in the room expressed their happiness when the loud folks left and the waitress felt bad that we had such a bad experience. We won't be back!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank JERRY D
Michael B, Owner at YE OLDE TAVERN, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Jerry,
Let me start by saying, thank you for choosing to listen to your friends and dining with us. I remember your table, you sat in the Hearth Room. It is great to know that you enjoyed the food, and I do remember you asking me to tell the table to lower their voices. I had walked through-out the room numerous times during your dinner and yes they were a little loud, but never used profanity or yelling. I am not in the position to tell a guest what decibel level they are aloud to speak at. Unfortunately this was not to your liking and your review shows it. Our goal is to make every guest leave happy and this time I failed and for this I am sorry. Hopefully you will try us again. Michael
Freehold, New Jersey
“Always the best”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Four of us at here on 7/22. We all started with the lobster bisque and we unanimously agreed it was fabulous, up there with the best we've ever had. Then we all had the same entrée, the flaming duck. Again, we very tremendously pleased. It was the first time at the restaurant for our friends. My wife and I have been there every time we have visited Vermont. It is the one restaurant we insist on going to. We did not have dessert only because we were stuffed trying to finish the entrees. I should also mention that they serve you little popovers with maple butter to get you started on the right side. Please come here and enjoy the best.

• Visited July 2014
Michael B, Owner at YE OLDE TAVERN, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Tom and Joanne,
Thank you for the fabulous review and for dining with us every time you are in Vermont. We appreciate your bringing your friends. 4 Lobster Bisque and 4 Duck flambé, this might be the first time that an entire table of guests has ordered the same appetizer and entrée.

I am happy that you enjoyed your evening and look forward to welcoming you and your friends back for many more dinners. Until then, CHEERS! Michael
Fort Worth, Texas
“Outstanding”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

This historic restaurant was outstanding in every way from the wonderful period character in an idyllic New England village, outstanding staff who were both warm and professional and outstanding food. We had lobster bisque, Tom turkey and pot roast and each item including the veg was....well outstanding. Don't go to Manchester without a visit.

Michael B, Owner at YE OLDE TAVERN, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Thank you for dining with us at Ye Olde Tavern and posting such an 'outstanding' review. I am glad you enjoyed the dining experience and the high quality of food and the "warm & professional" service.

We look forward to your return in the near future. Michael
Marblehead, Massachusetts
“A colonial taste of Vermont”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Beautiful old tavern with lots of history - love the sloping floors! Food is outstanding and service superb. We always return each summer. Authentic decor and really comfortable for couples or groups.

Michael B, Owner at YE OLDE TAVERN, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
The greatest compliment is your repeat business, thanks! It is great to know you love the historic ambiance (especially the slanted floors), food and staff. We look forward to your next dining experience with us and thank you for sharing your comments. Michael