“Authentic New England Tavern”
Review of YE OLDE TAVERN

YE OLDE TAVERN
Ranked #2 of 61 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Ye Olde Tavern is open daily... Cocktails start at 4:30pm and Dinner is from 5:00pm with last seating at 9:00pm. Reservations are always suggested. Our Tavern is handicapped accessible and attire is casual neat. Ye Olde Tavern has private rooms for meetings and special events, such as Brunch, Lunch, Dinner and Cocktails. We can serve up to 90 people in the entire circa 1790 Colonial Inn.The State of Vermont has recognized our circa 1790 Colonial Inn as a 'Green Restaurants'. Wine Spectator & Wine Enthusiast Magazine have recognized our Wine List as one of the best in the country. Minna & Michael Brandt- Proprietors Cassandra Bender- General Manager Cliff Cooper- Executive Chef Reservations are suggested.
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Reservations accepted graciously. A friendly hostess greeted us and seated us in the best seats available. Waitress greeted us, explained specials and the menu items;drinks brought timely. Squash soup excellent and not over spiced. I had the Filet and it was cooked as requested, fresh and tender. Bearnaise sauce made from scratch and not over used. I ordered the mashed potatoes and squash, both fresh and not mixed with any "Enhancing" spices or ingredients like garlic, etc. Overall, a complete, well timed and enjoyable dinner in an authenic New England atmosphere.

Michael B, Owner at YE OLDE TAVERN, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

We are glad you made it to Ye Olde Tavern, and enjoyed the atmosphere, food and your over all experience. Our goal is to make every guest feel welcomed and it starts with the phone call for a reservation, to the time you are greeted at the door, to the time you leave. It looks like we were able to accomplish this. The hostess that greeted you, is actually our General Manager Shelley Robinson, she is just great.

I see you only gave us 4 stars, what could we have done, to get the 5th? We are always learing and striving to be the best. Your input would help.

Thank you for the detailed review and dining with us. We look forward to your return. Michael

Write a ReviewReviews (1,060)

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have been eating here since 2002 and it was love at first bite. I recall the first thing I ate was stuffed mushrooms and they were fabulous! This restaurant is one of the reasons I go to Manchester. The owner Michael (i think is his name) is always there. He has a superb memory, seeing i usually only go up during the winter months. I really am not a meat eater, nor do I eat pot roast, but I love love the ale braised pot roast. It is probably my favorite item on the menu besides the apple cobbler dessert and the lobster mac and cheese. I've never had a bad meal there. Service is always top notch as well. So if you are in Manchester it is a must go.

Last review states "favorite restaurant in Manchester" and your review states "favorite restaurant in Vermont", now we have to shoot for the trifecta, "favorite restaurant in the USA". Thank you so much for taking the time to spread the word about our historic tavern and dining with us. I must agree the pot roast is great, it melts in your mouth and the cranberry & apple crisp is such a great way to end an evening. It is great to read that you have been dining with us, since 2002 and we look forward to another 10 years. See you next time. Michael

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

This is by far our favorite dining experience in Manchester, we have never be disappointed here. The food is superb!! I always order a seafood dish and the stuffed mushroom appetizer. The specials are excellent as well! Ask your server for their recommendation, they are usually spot on!
TIP: For a special dining experience, reserve Walter's room!

Michael B, Owner at YE OLDE TAVERN, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Can I open by saying, "Thank you for making us your favorite restaurant in Manchester". I couldn't be more thrilled that your evening was to your liking

Our Staff all have their favorite dishes and are not shy in helping you decide on what to have. The entire kitchen and dining room staff are great and I am very lucky to work with them. Walter's Room is a very cute nook, that is perfect to celebrate an anniversary or specai occasion for parties of 2-4 guests.

Thank you,for taking the time to write a review, and I look forward to your return. Michael

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have eaten here before and this will be by third return. It is worth the hour drive. I can't remember a meal yet that I have had that was bad and I am looking forward to my meal this evening as well. This is a quiet little place in Manchester that once you walk inside, you are walking back in time. It is quiet, comfortable and very cozy. The best meals I have ever had have been here. I highly advise anyone to try the Almond & Brown Sugar Encrusted Brie, the filet and lobster, followed up with the Cranberry Apple Crisp. The food just melts in your mouth!

Michael B, Owner at YE OLDE TAVERN, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Thank you for celebrating your Birthday at Ye Olde Tavern and letting future guests know about us.. It is, indeed, like taking a step back in time, and I love when our guests appreciate that aspect of our restaurant. Many thanks for taking the hour drive and we look forward to your return sometime soon. Michael

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Up to 6:00 P.M. you can get an excellent 3-course dinner for $16.00. Our friend Edie had the pot roast which was tender and plentiful. We had the liver which was also tender and fresh. The setting is quaint and inviting. Service was great and prices outstanding. A must place to dine if visiting Manchester.

Thank you for making Ye Olde Tavern a "Must place to dine, if visiting Manchester". I must agree the Early Bird Menu is a great value and more people should take advantage of it.. I couldn't be more thrilled that your evening was a to your liking. Thanks for the great review and dining with us!!! Cheers, Michael