“If you are in Manchester Ye Olde Tavern is a good experince”
Review of YE OLDE TAVERN

YE OLDE TAVERN
Ranked #2 of 59 Restaurants in Manchester
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Ye Olde Tavern is open daily... Cocktails start at 4:30pm and Dinner is from 5:00pm with last seating at 9:00pm. Reservations are always suggested. Our Tavern is handicapped accessible and attire is casual neat. Ye Olde Tavern has private rooms for meetings and special events, such as Brunch, Lunch, Dinner and Cocktails. We can serve up to 90 people in the entire circa 1790 Colonial Inn.The State of Vermont has recognized our circa 1790 Colonial Inn as a 'Green Restaurants'. Wine Spectator & Wine Enthusiast Magazine have recognized our Wine List as one of the best in the country. Minna & Michael Brandt- Proprietors Cassandra Bender- General Manager Cliff Cooper- Executive Chef Reservations are suggested.
Mancehester Center
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you are in Manchester Ye Olde Tavern is a good experince”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I live in the area and always enjoy my dinning experience. I have to thank the staff as they always do a great job and go out of their way to accommodate requests .
The bar/dinning area is quite simple with an authenticity that flows thru the rest of the building. The fireplace is one of the best spots to sip a single malt scotch on a cold, snowy Vermont night.
The restaurant is very clean and well maintained, ingredients are top quality and the menu represents the best of New England fare.
The dinners are excellently prepared and I have such a faith in the chef and staff that I don't order any more, I just let them choose for me. I love the surprises they create.
An enjoyable evening is bound to be had, alone or with friends.

1 Thank John M
Michael B, Owner at YE OLDE TAVERN, responded to this review, February 26, 2012
John,
Thank you for such high regards. We strive daily to make wonderul lasting impressions and it looks like we accomplished this. I was glad to read that you felt that our tavern is a great place to relax and dine with friends or just sit and enjoy a single malt scotch by yourself. It is also wonderful to hear that you trust the chef's to make you something, without even looking at the menu. Customers like you are rare and it is always a pleasure having you come in. See you soon! Efxaristo. Michael

Bernardsville, NJ
“New England Colonial Atmosphere, Good Food”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Good Menu, lots of excellent choices and a wide variety. The only complaint I have is with the service. We had a lot of questions for the waitress and rather than give us a warm, welcoming, and helpful feeling her answers were short and "clippy". Wouldn't stop me from going back. If you are visiting Manchester, you can't go wrong here.

Michael B, Owner at YE OLDE TAVERN, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Thank you dining with us and your feedback. I am happy you enjoyed the food and am sorry that the waitress was not as warm and friendly as she is supposed to be. Could you please tell me her name or where you sat , so I could go over this with her? We are always learning from our mistakes and the guest is the best person to tell us where our short comings are. Once again thanks. Michael
“Very nice dinner”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

My husband and I ate here in February. We both ordered a special. Mine was cedar plank salmon, which was delicious. He had pork. Both were excellent. We have been coming here since 1997. It is always good, but our dinners this time were exceptional..prompting this review. The cozy bar is great too. But only 4 seats.

Michael B, Owner at YE OLDE TAVERN, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Thanks for being such a loyal guest. IThe cooks love coming up with specials, it is a way for them to be express their creativity. It is always fun to see what they will come up with.. You made our bar sound so small, it is actually a whopping 5 stools. Thanks for dining with us and we hope to see you very soon. Michael
San Rafael, California
“Like eating dinner with Paul Revere - both delicious & intriguing”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

A group of us ate at Ye Olde Tavern Sunday night after a long day of skiing. We had an 8:30 reservation which is pretty late for this establishment. Their bar closes at 9:00 (even on a holiday weekend).
We were sat in the left front room with the gorgeous bar & fireplace. The rooms were dark & lit by candlelight. Our waitress dropped off menus and so began the decision-making process. There were so many options I could hardly stand it. Our group ordered the crab stuffed mushrooms, 1 chicken pot pie and 2 filet/lobster combinations. Ye Old provides a salad & their homemade cranberry fritters with maple butter as starters - delicious!
The pot pie was hearty & full of delicious chicken. The steak/lobster combo was well cooked (med rare as requested) but the sauce seemed a bit strange for a surf & turf. We each had a whiskey drink and they certainly packed a punch.
Overall the atmosphere of the historic house blew us away with its creeky old wood floors, candlelit rooms & colonial decor. It was a great way end a long day skiing . . . I just wish we had room for dessert.

Michael B, Owner at YE OLDE TAVERN, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let everyone know about our tavern. It sounds like you had a very nice evening. Too bad you did not save room for dessert, you would have loved our selection. You can always come back and sit at the bar and enjoy the fire, a dessert and your favorite after dinner drink. Just so you know the next time you are in Vt,. our restaurant, does not close at 9pm. Our last seating is then, you are welcome to stay as long as you want. Our Taproom stays open until the last diner has left. Thank you for choosing our historic tavern and we look forward to seeing you again. Michael

FYI... Ye Olde Tavern is 1 of 10 'Green Restaurants' recognized by the State of Vermont.
“Perfect New England Dining”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This restaurant is in an adorable old new England style house. The atmosphere can't be beat! Very romantic! The food was delicious.

Michael B, Owner at YE OLDE TAVERN, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell everyone about your evening at the Ye Olde Tavern. I have owned the tavern for over 10 years and everyday I am still cannot get over how beautiful a building it is. It makes me happy that you enjoyed every aspect of your evening. Please keep spreading the word about the Ye Olde Tavern. Cheers! Michael