“Overpriced Restaurant with Poor Service”
Review of The Perfect Wife

The Perfect Wife
Ranked #14 of 61 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Amy's creative approach to combining ingredients results in an intriguing and delicious menu. Enjoy a memorable fine dining experience while relaxing in our rustic cobblestone walled restaurant and greenhouse garden room. Our broad wine list and extensive selection of spirits will provide just the right accompaniment for your meal. And as a reward for eating all your veggies, you should treat yourself to a delicious homemade dessert. Afterwards, feel free to stop in at our spirited local tavern for an after dinner drink or a game of darts, with live music in the tavern on most Friday evenings.
Reviewed April 20, 2013

In the absence of our concierge, our hotel front desk agent suggested dining at The Perfect Wife indicating that it was a casual place. When my husband and I arrived, the tavern looked great but it was busy with a wait time. So we decided to venture to the restaurant. While the servers were friendly, the food was underwhelming. When my entree arrived (at a cost of 29$), I began eating when I noticed a hair in my food. The waitress was very good when dealing with this and brought me back another plate very quickly. However, after eating the second plate (which I now believed was perhaps undercooked) I became ill and have been ill all night. As well, when the bill arrived, my husband and I were charged for the full meal, with no mention of the incident that had previously occurred. I at least expected some better customer service, perhaps throwing in my husband's dessert at no charge as my husband and I had to essentially eat dinner separately as his main arrived at the same time as mine, however since I had to send mine back, he continued eating his meal so it would not get cold.
I would not recommend the restaurant.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We've heard of The Perfect Wife for years but never visited so, because we were in Manchester for a few days, decided it was a must. We were not disappointed. Our food was excellent, the wait staff attentive and we enjoyed the ambiance of the restaurant. We will definitely return when we are next in the area.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband & I love the Perfect Wife - even bought a mug. It's a relaxed place with great food & fun music on weekends. It's a favorite of ours and everyone else in our ski house. Order the hot Indian curry & goat cheese dip appetizer (hot in temperature not spice) then follow it up with The Bistro sandwich.

It's a reliable, solid pick for us & we are obnoxious Brooklyn foodies :)

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The Perfect Wife was suggested by someone working at Stratton and we were not disappointed. There are two dining options; the restaurant & the tavern. The food and service were awesome. Will definitely return.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Let me start by saying I have been to Perfect Wife several times over the past few years and had some great dinners there so I had high expectations. We ate in the Tavern. First problem: no IPA on tap. Excuse me, but that is one of the reasons we go there--good beer on tap. My husband ordered a burger that was overdone and needed to be sent back. I ordered the tuna special that was not very good. I was not asked how I wanted it prepared, and it was very, very rare, and not a particularly good, tender sushi grade cut so also needed to go back. It was served with a fruit chutney that was not savory at all and tasted like chunky applesauce on top of the tuna. Well, enough said. Not sure I am going back to try again.