“Great Food and Service, will definitely be back!”
Review of The Perfect Wife

The Perfect Wife
Reserve with OpenTable
The Perfect Wife is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 60 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Amy's creative approach to combining ingredients results in an intriguing and delicious menu. Enjoy a memorable fine dining experience while relaxing in our rustic cobblestone walled restaurant and greenhouse garden room. Our broad wine list and extensive selection of spirits will provide just the right accompaniment for your meal. And as a reward for eating all your veggies, you should treat yourself to a delicious homemade dessert. Afterwards, feel free to stop in at our spirited local tavern for an after dinner drink or a game of darts, with live music in the tavern on most Friday evenings.
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I took the family here for his birthday last week. We had never been, but had heard good things. My husband is another local chef in town, so he is usually hard to please. But I have to say everything was better than we expected. We had a comfortable booth in the tavern that overlooked the formal dining room. We were also pleased to see that when you go at an earlier dinner time, there were plenty of other kids in the tavern side, so it seemed to be great for families. Our server could not have been any nicer, and she was very quick to take care of our needs. We had nachos for an appetizer which were incredible! My son ordered the macaroni and cheese, and for a kids meal it was far better than what we expected. It came in a small caserole dish with bread crumbs on it, and was delicious. My daughter had a kids cheeseburger and fries, nothing special but was cooked to perfection; not like the hockey pucks other people try to pass off for kids burgers. I ordered a crab cake sandwich, since my husband makes the best crabcakes I am always interested to try other chef's recipes. I'd have to say this wasn't as good as my husband's recipe, but was far better than others I have had in the area. The aioli mayonaise was refreshing without being overpowering and the crabcake itself was decently sized. My husband had the steak and cheese sandwich and was very pleased with it. He left the restaurant saying that was the best meal he had all year which he didn't have to cook himself. Great bartender also, drinks were perfect :) My husband and I will try to make it back another time minus the kids so we can try their steakhouse, but we will definitely visit the tavern again for another great family meal. If you're in the area, The Perfect Wife is sure to please!

There are newer reviews for The Perfect Wife

Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I have been here a number of times and have always had a great time--who can beat the combo of having great service, food, and music?

Our server was amazing and even though it was super busy, she was on top of it and really made us feel like she was paying attention to us which always feels good after the hectic-ness of the holidays.

We started with a combo plate of wings and then my husband got the Nacho Mama which he adores and has had many times and -- I got the steak special which came with a delicious goat cheese and spinach quesadilla.

We played a couple of songs on the jukebox, played a game of foosball and stuck around for the live band.

Thank you, The Perfect Wife, for a consistently wonderful experience!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have been going to the Manchester / Stratton area since 1977. I have had many bad food experiences, this place is the exception. Most places in the area are tourist traps that look nice on the outside but they don't have good food (I assume they don't have real chefs cooking). The food here is great.
Their bar upstairs is awesome and everyone that works there is nice (although I think some of them are red sox fans - as long as they keep quiet I will continue to visit). Their nachos were the best I have ever had. Last time I visited I ate at the bar the salad was excellent, the crab, chicken, hamburger slider combo was good (I loved the crab and beef, the chicken had too much sauce on it). The main restaurant is very nice, especially if you sit near the wall of windows. They used to do a pecan encrusted chicken dish that was my favorite (not just here... anywhere).

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have driven past the restaurant forever and never stopped. Really nice pub with great selection of beer. Menu had a limited, but varied and good selection. The seared tuna house specialty was excellent if slightly under cooked - still cool - but the meat was great so it was OK that way. Wife's lobster stuffed haddock in champagne sauce was great - she usually complains :-). Service could have been a little better for the light crowd but was ok since we were not in a hurry.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

The dinner was good, relatively expensive - but, the place we stayed at offered a $25 off coupon. Our waitress was very pleasant.