“Great menu, great atmospere”
Review of The Perfect Wife

The Perfect Wife
Reserve with OpenTable
The Perfect Wife is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 60 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Amy's creative approach to combining ingredients results in an intriguing and delicious menu. Enjoy a memorable fine dining experience while relaxing in our rustic cobblestone walled restaurant and greenhouse garden room. Our broad wine list and extensive selection of spirits will provide just the right accompaniment for your meal. And as a reward for eating all your veggies, you should treat yourself to a delicious homemade dessert. Afterwards, feel free to stop in at our spirited local tavern for an after dinner drink or a game of darts, with live music in the tavern on most Friday evenings.
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Met up with a bunch of friends, nice outdoor seating area... Great appetizers, nice tavern menu.. and reasonable entree prices. Great service also.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

A friend treated me for dinner here recently, in celebrating my getting a new job. He had been here many times before and said that it was consistently good. We had made a reservation and were promptly seated when we arrived. The dining room was busy but not full. We enjoyed the relaxed attitude and atmosphere. Our waitress, Melissa, was friendly and informed, and her timing throughout the meal was well-paced as courses arrived and water glasses were filled. We were brought nice bread with olive oil for dipping. I enjoyed a nice glass of white zinfandel wine while my friend ordered a classic martini.

I enjoyed my appetizer: a warm baby spinach salad with bacon bits, crumbled cheese, chopped walnuts, and vinaigrette dressing. My friend was less thrilled with his chilled cucumber soup, which he reported was bland. We were happier with our entrees overall: I had the sauteed turkey medallions with goat cheese spaetzle, mashed potato and assorted veggies= very good. My friend loved his filet mignon served also with mashed and veggies. To finish, we ordered decaf coffee and shared two desserts: the Ring Ding layered cake, and a chambord cheesecake, the latter of which was superb- though we enjoyed both.

This was a good experience: good service, better than average food and a pleasant atmosphere. I would recommend it, and I will go back next time I'm visiting Manchester, VT.

1  Thank James F
Reviewed July 25, 2012

What a great, laid-back, super food, super service tavern. Eggplant Fries & Crawfish Poppers...need I say ANYMORE?? Oh yes.. Cold Micro-brew Beer on Tap!! This is a MUST when visiting Southern Vermont Area!!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

A stunning New England feel to the decor; delicious and varied menu selections. The perfect night out for couples!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We arrived on a Tuesday night in the summer and the place was bustling even though it is a bit out of the way (for Manchester tourists). Clearly the locals and frequent visitors know this as a place to eat. We ate in the outdoor seating area. The grounds are pretty, the food was good, the menu provided adequate choices, the service was good, and the price was right. We would recommend it.