“Nothing Special!”
Review of Bistro Henry

Bistro Henry
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Henry is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 59 Restaurants in Manchester
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: East Manchester Road
Description: BISTRO HENRY has been delighting local and visitor alike for over 20 years with a unique blend of French & Italian and for our next 20 years bring you Steakhouse! I guarantee you will be delighted as well. The lovely restaurant on top of the hill is also the home of Henry's Summer BBQ & Dina's VT Baking Company. There is a large deck with beautiful views for a relaxing cocktail or outdoor dining. The spacious restaurant can accommodate private dining and we will cater nearly any type of party with our talented chefs, don't forget our Authentic BBQ. Year round we offer our $25 Three Course from 5-6 PM nightly and all night on Tuesdays (3 courses $25). I hope to see you soon. - Henry Bronson, Bistro Henry
Westchester, New York
“Nothing Special!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner there with my family, the food lacked flavor. The restaurant looked quaint from outside but the interior was a disappointment.

1 Thank Tripmama02
bistrohenry, Owner at Bistro Henry, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
I am very sorry to hear you felt that we were 'Nothing Special' and the food lacked flavor. We try for bold flavors in all our dishes. I will be sure to remind my cooks to check the taste of everything we produce. Proper seasoning makes for delicious food. As far as the interior being 'a disappointment' I would only ask "just what were you expecting?". I suppose it is all a matter of taste after all.

Latham, New York
“Our New Year's Eve Tradition!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We alway go to Manchester,Vermont to celebrate New Year's, and this year was no exception. We have returned to Bistro Henry for New Years Eve dinner time after time as part of our celebration. Our dining experience has always been exceptional! The atmosphere is relaxing and the service and menu are always excellent! This year my husband had the Lobster Bisque and Scottish Salmon, and I had the Onion Soup and Beef Wellington. Outstanding! The trio of sorbets featured different flavors and was a refreshing way to end our meal. We' be back to ring in New Year 2015!

bistrohenry, Owner at Bistro Henry, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
I love tradition! So glad you have found a new one! I am already thinking about Beef Wellington! I do not make it often, so it is nice to know I got it right.
See you soon,
New Jersey
“OK Experience”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Nice location. Ambiance was OK but expected more character than we experienced. The New Year's Eve menu looked great. Ordered the peppered Steak with French Onion Soup. The steak and soup were above average but was disappointed with the sides - overcooked green beans and mashed potatoes that could have been the real thing but tasted like instant. Poor selection of local beers compared to other restaurants in the area. My wife and friends had a similar experience. I guess we expected more for an above average price on a Holiday evening. Would recommend Ye Old Tavern in downtown Manchester if your looking for that special experience on a Holiday Evening get together with special friends and can manage the price. We would have gone there but could not get a reservation.

bistrohenry, Owner at Bistro Henry, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am not quite sure what you meant by character in describing the ambiance at Bistro Henry. As the chef and owner, many call me a character, so we should meet.
Our mashed potatoes are always made from potatoes, butter and cream, never instant. Our beer selection has since been revamped. Check our website for current listings.
I promise you we will be on our game the next time you visit and especially during holidays
Manchester, United States
“This is our local go-to place”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We were weekenders for several years and now live in the area full-time. As much as we tried to explore other restaurant options, and there are some good ones, we kept returning to Bistro Henry because it is consistently excellent and we enjoyed getting to know Henry and his family, as well as the staff. Henry takes great pride in his preparation of interesting specials and their presentation. That said, the standards on the menu provide equally good options. He serves the best sweetbreads I've ever had; his duck is delicious; and steaks, or veal chops that are occasionally one of the specials, are always tender and tasty. I love the scallops and risotto, too. I note that a recent reviewer complains about the salad being only greens. With the fantastic dressing Henry makes and the addition of the blue cheese he offers, I find this a salad I can't resist adding every time we're there. Same holds true for Dina's amazing hot fudge sauce and the hot fudge sundaes or profiteroles. I find the atmosphere relaxing and friendly, the service great, and the ambiance welcoming. We mostly sit at the bar and enjoy meeting the others sitting there and chatting with the bartender.

bistrohenry, Owner at Bistro Henry, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Thanks so much for your kind words! We appreciate your patronage.
Allendale, New Jersey
“Great spot near area Ski resorts”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Great spot 15 minutes down the hill from Stratton and Bromley. All four in our party, including 2 teenagers loved every course of their meal, The food was outstanding and the service very professional and friendly. Not inexpensive, but worth the price and they offer early bird and other specials to keep the total bill in control if you plan ahead.

My wife and i have been here before, but first time with the kids and they really enjoyed a nice night out. We will be back!

bistrohenry, Owner at Bistro Henry, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thanks for your kind words.