“Vermont”
Review of Bistro Henry

Bistro Henry
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Henry is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 59 Restaurants in Manchester
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: East Manchester Road
Description: BISTRO HENRY has been delighting local and visitor alike for over 20 years with a unique blend of French & Italian and for our next 20 years bring you Steakhouse! I guarantee you will be delighted as well. The lovely restaurant on top of the hill is also the home of Henry's Summer BBQ & Dina's VT Baking Company. There is a large deck with beautiful views for a relaxing cocktail or outdoor dining. The spacious restaurant can accommodate private dining and we will cater nearly any type of party with our talented chefs, don't forget our Authentic BBQ. Year round we offer our $25 Three Course from 5-6 PM nightly and all night on Tuesdays (3 courses $25). I hope to see you soon. - Henry Bronson, Bistro Henry
Wilton, Connecticut
“Vermont”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

One of our favorite restaurants in Manchester , Vermont .
Good food, excellent service and a lot of specials all week long

Visited July 2013

Quakertown, Pennsylvania, United States
“Rabbit?”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Nice place but when I order rabbit I don't want it shredded beyond recognition...I like it like my chicken....with bones to hold. Too pricey for what you get.

bistrohenry, Owner at Bistro Henry, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Sorry you feel that way. After years of serving rabbit, i have found that my customers prefer the boneless variety.
As far as price goes? Again I am sorry you feel that way. Supporting local farmers is not cheap.
Next time you come, give a few days advance notice and I will cook you rabbit with bones that will knock your socks off.
Thanks for sharing your opinion and basing your review on one dish.
stewartsville,nj
“A delicious meal in beautiful Vermont!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

After driving and leaf-peeping all day we were so happy to find this wonderful restaurant. We recommend the mussels, the duck and the crab cakes. Everything was very tasty and the service was excellent!

bistrohenry, Owner at Bistro Henry, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you so very much for the kind words! It is really nice to be appeciated.
All the best and we look forward to your return.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It was incredible”
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

From beginning to end, flawless!! From the phone to the table. Service was impeccable!! Food amazing!! A great place to visit. Even though there are places more up to date, Bistro Henry sticks to it's roots and keeps it fresh daily!! My family and friends were very happy.

bistrohenry, Owner at Bistro Henry, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you so very much for the kind words! It is really nice to be appreciated.
All the best and we look forward to your return.
Ar
“Poor Taste on the Part of Staff Or Maybe the Owner?”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were a party of 6 who had just gotten off our 3 Honda GoldWing Trikes (pulling trailers) and checked into the motel across the street. We decided to walk to Bistro Henry for dinner. We'd traveled to Niagara Falls, Nova Scotia, and all over New England & were heading back toward home after almost 30 days on the road. We had not had any problems and had met many, many great, friendly, & nice people - that is until we went to Bistro Henry.

As anyone can tell you, after having a helmet on your head all day your hair is in great need of a stylist. So most bikers wear caps after taking off their helmet. We entered & were seated; given menus; orders taken; served & had almost completed the meal when a waitress (or hostess) went to one of the men in our group who had worn his cap & told him the restaurant rules were "no caps". Naturally, he was upset & embarrassed & immediately left, giving his wife his billfold to pay the bill.

Why wasn't this rule posted at the door? It was printed in the middle of the menu and you had to look to find it. Why weren't we informed of this when we entered? Everyone saw our friend wearing his cap. Why not inform him when we were given menus or ordered? Why did they wait until after we had eaten? Maybe they wanted to be sure of collecting our money? Why was it necessary at all after all this time inside the restaurant since we were all almost through with our meals & would soon be leaving?

We are all in our sixties & seventies - not a rowdy bunch - behaved nicely while there and weren't loud. WHAT EXACTLY WAS THE POINT OF ASKING AT THE END OF THE MEAL FOR THE GENTLEMAN TO REMOVE HIS HAT????

Shame on Bistro Henry.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank C H
bistrohenry, Owner at Bistro Henry, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
I am sorry one of the men was disturbed or embarrassed by the no hat policy and being asked to remove his baseball cap.
As it turns out, the request was due to another diner's complaint. While we try to accommodate everyone, many of our customers do see the phrase "Please Turn Off your Electronic Device and Take Off your Baseball Caps in the Dining Room" printed on the bottom of both dinner menu pages. 'Turn off electronic devices' is in red on a white background. I am sorry you feel that a sign at the entry to be necessary. Frankly, I am little shocked at the state of manners these days.
Why should I even have to ask gentlemen to remove their hats at table or other patrons to not answer their cell phone very few minutes while at dinner?
Regardless of the state of one's hair, my Mother told me it is rude to wear a hat at the table. I am simply doing what she told me to do and Bistro Henry is not a truck stop.
I thank you joining us, and, no, it was not about making sure we got paid. No one in their right mind works 70 hours a week in a restaurant just for money.
I do wish you the best and sincerely hope this hat in the dining room issue can be put behind you.