“very pleased with our dinner at Bistro Henry”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bistro Henry

Bistro Henry
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Henry is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 59 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian, French, American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: East Manchester Road
Description: BISTRO HENRY has been delighting local and visitor alike for over 20 years with a unique blend of French & Italian and for our next 20 years bring you Steakhouse! I guarantee you will be delighted as well. The lovely restaurant on top of the hill is also the home of Henry's Summer BBQ & Dina's VT Baking Company. There is a large deck with beautiful views for a relaxing cocktail or outdoor dining. The spacious restaurant can accommodate private dining and we will cater nearly any type of party with our talented chefs, don't forget our Authentic BBQ. Year round we offer our $25 Three Course from 5-6 PM nightly and all night on Tuesdays (3 courses $25). I hope to see you soon. - Henry Bronson, Bistro Henry
New Haven, Connecticut
“very pleased with our dinner at Bistro Henry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

We spent a night in Manchester while heading to points farther north, and Bistro Henry was recommended by our B&B. We were not disappointed. Everything was delicious, the crab cakes in particular were outstanding, and service was excellent. I would definitely head back again if in the area, but if Henry is reading, I would also recommend a modest additional investment in some true French Bistro décor (never carpeting!) and the wine list - both don't quite do justice to his talent in the kitchen! Please don't take offense - we are spoiled after living in Europe for 30 years! if in the area we will definitely return (and there are plenty of other options in Manchester!).

• Visited January 2013
bistrohenry, Owner at Bistro Henry, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thanks so much for the kinds words. I am particularly flattered by the comment "talent in the kitchen"
Since you mentioned me by name, I have to respond...
Regarding flooring... the ceilings are too low and the building to old for anything but carpet. Tile would never make it. We did just spread 12 gallons of paint in the dining rooms in early December, spruced up our artwork and the place has never looked better.
We are not trying to be a French bistro. We are Bistro Henry... the restaurant that expresses who we are and what we like about great Italian/French cuisine and great restaurants in general. i am delighted that you 'get it.'
I am, however, deeply offended by your remark about the wine list.
Our commitment to wine has been an integral part of our hospitality since our inception in 1993. We still have wines on our list from the 1990's. Where you gonna find those? At reasonable prices?
There are so many gems... a 1995 Clerc Milon for $145, 2000 Plumpjack, Domaine Tempier Bandol, 2002 Beringer Knight's Valley Cab for only $49!!! I could go on and on.
Are you sure you looked at the whole list?
We have had the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence since 1995 (back when there were only 30 winners in the state!), have been honored by Sante magazine (a high end trade publication) and received the Wine Enthusiast Award of Unique Distinction.
Next time you visit, let me know and I will show you the 3550 bottle cellar. That goes for anyone else reading this.
Sorry, but I am a little passionate about some things. That's part of what Bistro Henry is about. We can't be all things to all people, but we are passionate about what we do.
Thanks,
Henry

Manchester, Vermont
“Great Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Bistro Henry did not disappoint ...we enjoyed our dinner so much that I already made reservations for the next time we are up at Stratton. The service was good, the food was wonderful! Just a note...they have an early bird special menu that ends at 6 on specific nights.

• Visited December 2012
bistrohenry, Owner at Bistro Henry, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thanks for your kind words. We have been working especially hard to make sure everyone has something nice to say about us. We look forward to your return! Think Snow!
McKinney, Texas
“Great dining experience top to bottom”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I tried Bistro Henry on a lark and was very pleasanlty surprised with the experience. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable and helpful, and the ambiance pleasant (romantic, too, though I was solo this time). I went the four course route, starting with a autumn harvest soup that was pure, liquid goodness. The escargot were quite good, too. I opted for one of my favorite dishes, roast duck, as their menu claims it to be the best in the area. I love a challenge. Well . . . I don't know if it is the best in the area but it would be in the running (note: I'll be happy to judge the contest). The duck was perfectly prepared and was accompanied by scalloped potatoes, carrots, green beans, and beets. I was able to find room for an apple-blueberry crisp desert sans ice cream. It was so good I would have licked the plate clean had the image of Miss Manners not popped into my head. I waddled back to my hotel in perfect contentment. 5 stars for Bistro Henry.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank OedipusTex
bistrohenry, Owner at Bistro Henry, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thanks for your visit. Sorry for the lateness of my response. Holidays... If I ever have a duck cook off, you can be a judge. In winter I make a duck Cassoulet you should try! All the best and thanks again!
Annapolis, Maryland
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Don't let the decor fool you, the food belongs in a five star restaurant . We had the lobster bisque and steak au poivre - the best we've had! I even had a "special request " for an apple gingertini - not a problem and fantastic! The service was outstanding , no rushing, nice timing, perfect. Thank you for such a memorable experience!

• Visited October 2012
Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Great Dinner at Bistro Henry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband and I had dinner at the bar at Bistro Henry on Saturday October 13th. It was a very nice and comfortable bar to have dinner at. We started off with Foie Gras which was a very tasty starter dish and just enough. I had the Leg Shank and my husband the Steak au Poivre. Both were cooked to perfection and delicious! Next time we visit Manchester VT, we will definitely go back.

• Visited October 2012