“DELICIOUS”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Reservation handled OK; nice corner table by the window, overlooking the rushing stream. I ordered the daily specials & was very impressed. My appetizer was grilled diver scallops prepared with bacon bits & capers. Really enjoyable. Small salad was so-so. My main was rack of lamb-4 bones; medium rare. NO fat at all- perfectly cooked-light sauce on the side. The best lamb rack I've had in a restaurant in years!!! Accompanied by a big assortment of fresh--perfectly cooked vegetables. Excellent warm dinner rolls. Good selection of wines by the glass & generous pour. Efficient professional service. Excellent meal!!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Food was poor over refrigerated rewarded a Dover cooked veal was beef and swordfish defrosted. Over all considering price a very poor restaurant

1  Thank Fred B
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My partner and I went here for our last dinner to cap off a wonderful long weekend at the Equinox and it was fabulous. We had a table right by the flowing water outside the window. Great wine list, a nice pre-fixe menu which included starter, entree and dessert for $30 pp which was a bargain. The food was delicious and really rounded out the great time we had in Vermont. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This was our second time at Mistral's. The first was two years ago, and obviously good enough to warrant a second visit. The ambiance is amazing. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable, and if you are fortunate, you can sit facing the rushing brook which flows almost touching the building.

One amusing consistency, was that both times we've gone, the hostess was MIA for a good 10 minutes, leaving multiple couples stranded by the bar. Not a big deal, but odd.

The food was truly mediocre. The frog legs were tasteless at best. Over done and apparently fried in oil, not sautéed in butter. The salad was nondescript (and therefore I cannot comment further!), and the entrees were little better. The wine, however, was excellent which was the saving grace of the meal. We decided to skip dessert.

Overall, an ok experience. If you enjoy ambiance and quiet sophistication to meal quality, this is a reasonable option for you.

I realize my review is a bit of an outlier here, but I noticed other sites had very mixed reviews. I'm not sure why that would be, but take your pick and take your chances.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

This is a fantastic little spot, tucked just off the main road but worth finding. The ambiance is exceptional, quiet with attentive staff. Its been awhile since I have found a restaurant that was as sedate as this. The food is truly special - interesting creations and always something different. A very strong wine list completes the offering. Be sure to sit overlooking the river.

2  Thank AnnSI29455