“Great Service”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 13, 2013

There were four of us looking for a quick breakfast before our appointment (about 1 hour leeway time) I remembered enjoying "Up for Breakfast" a few years back so offer to give it a try despite it was Mother's Day. Naturally there was a waiting line at the door. We took our chances and with their quick service, little waiting, and a full belly, we were still 20 minutes ahead of schedule.

There are newer reviews for Up For Breakfast

Reviewed April 30, 2013

And I would if it wasn't an hour and fifteen minute drive!! We were introduced to this amazing place by friends and went two weekends in a row! Its a tiny little place - the staff are fantastic, jovial, friendly, one time we had a 15 minute wait the other we were seated right away. I'm not a coffee drinker but the rest of the group is and loved their coconut coffee, I had the best hot chocolate of my life. It was a homemade raspberry hot chocolate and a mountain of whip cream - heavenly. The breakfast menu is so fantastic, my goal is to eat here and never get the same thing twice. The pancakes are ethereal - everything is served with warmed REAL maple syrup! The first time I had an omelet with smoked salmon and fresh dill, cream cheese, capers - it was melt in your mouth fantastic. They have homemade sourdough bread that rivals SF. There is always a whole page of specials that will knock your socks off - homemade hollandaise's, perfectly poached eggs, wild game sausages - venison with blueberries - wild turkey hash. The second time we had strawberry, blackberry walnut pancakes, with whole pieces of fresh fruit. I had poached eggs over freshly made corned beef hash, grilled onions and peppers smothered in a dijon hollandaise! This place makes my heart sing! They only take cash, it is a little expensive for breakfast - but soo sooo sooo worth it! Its fantastic, so much I'm regretting writing this review since I don't want to have to wait in longer lines next time, but I think they deserve the praise!!!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

service is great. cozy little place. everything you'd expect from a diner but a nicer, smaller, more homey feel. great coffee. I wish it were a little cheaper though. 1 egg and 1 small oatmeal = $10.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Probably the biggest breakfast I have ever had. Nice informal, no frills place. Good food and plenty of it. I wish that I lived closer!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

The menu here is terrific, it makes you want to try a bit of everything and then wonder about the things you did not get to try. The food _almost_ lives up to that promise, and it is good. Chock full of locally sourced food like so many places in resort Vermont, if you have a full outdoor day lined up, you can fuel up anyway that you like. It is a 12 or so table, walk-upstairs dining room, and it will fill up, so get there early or late if you do not want to wait. We did not notice the tiny card at the foot of the stairs that said "cash only" - nor did most of the other diners that were there when we went. At $35 plus tip for a breakfast for 2, we easily could have been embarrassed - one of us held hostage as the other scurried to find an ATM.

The big downside of my experience was that our waitress was downright rude, to a point that would have rubbed me the wrong way in NYC, let alone VT. Perhaps a bad day for her, but it lowered my rating, as it really impacted the dining experience.

My chocoholic dining companion loved the real hot chocolate, and as a fan of well prepared game, I loved the wild boar sausage. The portions were too big for us to finish. Good food, but I won't be going back again.