“Great French Toast” 4 of 5 bubbles

Up For Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 59 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Franklin, Massachusetts
“Great French Toast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Went on a weekday so didn't have to worry about a wait. I found the waitstaff to be fast and friendly. The french toast with pecans, roasted bananas and chocolate chips was so yummy...definitely couldn't finish the whole portion. The maple cinnamon coffee was really good as well.

Visited September 2012

“Great New England Diner Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Quintessential New England Diner offering classic family food at a reasonable price with smile. We were a group of 7 sport motorcyclist who needed a hardy breakfast and a hot cup of coffee- and we were not disappointed

• Visited September 2012
Arlington, Vermont
“Food was OK. Price tag was not.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I have to agree with some reviewers below, nothing was bad except the check. But nothing was really a "wow" either. Some items sounded intriguing: ordered a rabbit sausage side which was lovely, but it was just one, thumb-sized, split sausage for $4.00. I'll sell you 10 bunnies for less. Many of the breakfasts were upward of $10.00. For eggs?

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Tasty, but not amazing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

This place had a lot of great reviews on Yelp, so we were excited to try it on our way out of town. We were not disappointed, but it did WOW us, either. It was a bit cramped when we came in, though we were happy to wait for a table because it made us feel like it would probably be a good spot. The staff seemed a bit disorganized and chaotic, though they were friendly.
I ordered the Cajun frittata, which was described as an open-faced omelet. It came with an English muffin on the side, I was not given a choice on that. The frittata was topped with artichoke, andouille sausage, cherry tomatoes and provolone cheese. These toppings were delicious, and the cheese was melted just right on most of it, though on one side, it was way overdone to the point of being inedible. The egg underneath the toppings was ok, but not delicious - it just seemed stringy, rather than fluffy. The English muffin was ok, but had been topped with so much butter I had to let it drip off before I could eat it (and believe me, I love butter and am not afraid to eat it in pretty large quantities, but this was too much even for me).
My husband ordered the Eggs Benedict, which apparently was a better choice. I did try the Hollandaise it came with and I was again not blown away - though it was certainly adequate.
Overall, I would rate this as average - not a "must see" but definitely a place to stop if you are in want of breakfast in the Manchester area.

Houston, Texas
“Great Little Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I passed this place several times while visiting the area and finally decided I needed to go there one morning for breakfast. As soon as I climbed the stairs and went inside, I knew that I'd love this place! I tried the maple latte, had a morning glory muffin, which was to die for, then ordered the Greek yogurt and slathered it with honey and had a side of maple-cured sausage. The atmosphere was great! Small-town friendliness and rubbing elbows with the locals while sitting at the counter.