“Definately Going Down NOT UP”
Review of Up For Breakfast

Up For Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 61 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 11, 2007

In prior years, this was a wonderful place with good food and cheery waitstaff. Not so for either this year. Don't waste your time unless you like watery coffee, bread like toast and overcooked eggs topped off with cranky staff. Instead try the bagel and coffee shop, The Works, around the corner - this place even has outdoor seating overlooking a stream.

1  Thank opal91086
There are newer reviews for Up For Breakfast

Reviewed August 7, 2007

My husband and I spent a long weekend in Manchester, VT and thankfully discovered Up For Breakfast on our first morning. More than just eggs and pancakes, this place has it all. On our first visit, I ordered Morning Glory Pancakes (if you like Morning Glory muffins, you've got to try these!!), while my husband ordered one of the daily specials, which consisted of toast topped with salmon, poached eggs & a stone ground mustard hollandaise sauce. We had such a good meal, we decided to eat breakfast there the next morning too. I ordered a Lingonberry cream cheese stuffed french toast, while my husband ordered another one of the daily specials -- this time it was toast topped with spinach, tomato, poached eggs, bacon, melted brie & a hollandaise sauce. Both were absolutely delicious! And while the food is excellent, the service is out of this world. Do yourself a favor and stop in for breakfast if you're in the area...you won't be sorry that you did.

2  Thank VTtraveler
Reviewed February 21, 2007

I had read a lot about this place and had looked forward to a breakfast meal there.

It was okay, nothing spectacular. The pancakes really lacked flavor, even though they had berries in them. The eggs benedict was all right, but the Canadian bacon had been sliced even thicker than bacon usually is.

I thought they were a little overpriced for what they served, that's my main beef, really. We felt a little rushed out the door by our waitress for a very slow Saturday morning.

They have fresh squeezed orange juice, though.

3  Thank emsmandms
Reviewed November 19, 2006

The food was excellent. I had an omelette with apple, brie, and bacan. What wonderful flavor.

Even though we had to wait a while for our table... it was worth it! They even serve you coffee while you are waiting.

1  Thank RebeccaPHarrison
Reviewed December 16, 2005

Up for Breakfast has been a must-do on every one of our visits to Manchester for the past 15 years. We have seen owners come and go, and the clean, bright, upstairs dining room with the innovative breakfasts has remained a constant delight. It would not be a trip to Vermont without a meal at Up for Breakfast!

2  Thank alwaysmoving