“A great authentic Italian deli and much more.”
Review of Al Ducci di Notte - CLOSED

Al Ducci di Notte
Cuisines: Italian
Description: A neighborhood trattoria offering traditional Italian comfort food as well as upscale, regional and modern Italian cuisine. One of the highlights is our Antipasta and Mozzarella Bar. Partners Al & Nancy have years of experience from cheese and sausage making to the preparation of Italian reional cuisine. Our food and service is top notch - not fine dining, but warm,friendly and casual. We want to make sure everyone feels at home and can find their favorite dish.
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Al Ducci's is a great place for the food lover , specifically the Italian food lover. The breads are super fresh it's All Good.

There are newer reviews for Al Ducci di Notte

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We happened to wander in the door the night they opened to the public. Man, what a find!
The mozzarella bar was outstanding, fresh from the farm...the bread was wonderful (dunk it in their fine olive oil)....the mussels and linguini were in a light but deeply flavored broth, and the fish entree was done just right with a fresh lemony broccoli. Desserts looked fab but we were just too full. Bring your own wine.
It's a sweet feeling spot too...warm and not stuffy....lovely staff, too. (They just needed to put smaller bulbs in the fixtures...there was a bit of an eye-level glare....I bet that's happened by now.)
Feels like a family owned restaurant in Italy, where fresh food is a treasure.
Lucky Manchester!

3  Thank deliciousworld
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This place has a few small kinks to work out, but the food was so good and the room so comfortably decorated that it really didn't matter. The house bread is superb. Not only is it made there, it is well flavored and has a perfect texture, what bread in a good Italian restaurant should be. The bread is served with an excellent quality virgin olive oil. My husband's lasagne was perfect, and the steamed brocolli on the side was fresh and perfectly steamed. Good vegetables are very important; the sad, tasteless or frozen vegetables sometimes served with pretty good meat dishes have made me not return to some restaurants. My linguine with mussels had a very good light tomato sauce with rich flavors and no gloppy thickeners. I wish I'd been served more of that great bread to get at the large amount of sauce that remained. BYOB, or order one of their excellent bottled bubbly drinks (mine was a citrus drink and my husband had a Reeds or equivalent ginger ale. My only gripe is that we were not offered the antipasto spread that sat in the entry area, possibly because we walked in without a reservation and they didn't want us to linger over appetizers so the table could be ready in an hour. The tables are well spaced for privacy, though there is a larger shared table which we refused. The decor is tasteful and restful, not pretentious or kitchy. We did not try the desserts, though this kind of place would probably have good ones.

3  Thank 61Highway
Reviewed August 9, 2012

When visiting family in Manchester, I stopped at my usual Italian deli on Elm Street, and discovered that they had just opened this restaurant next door, so my wife and I ate there. The whole meal was wonderful; they have a very eclectic menu, which they are still formulating, but the soups, entrees and desserts were excellent, as was the service. (The chocolate mousse was served in a wonderful puff pastery!) The place was packed. Then we visited the deli and got our usual cheeses, pasta and prepared meals. We ate the meals in our hotel, and returned to San Antonio stuffed. There is no deli here that can compare. And the restaurant shows great promise. I wasn't sure how high to rate it because it is so new, but my family later ate there and had the same reaction, so i give it the highest rating. i think it will be a great sucess.

2  Thank Michael A