“Good round trip hike”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Good round trip hike”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

No real challange but moderate overall and a trip worth taking. Towards the end you cross and area ripped up and washed away in a cyclonic storm in the mid 90s.

Buffalo, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Nice walk”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

The hike to Lye Brook Falls was beautiful. At a casual pace it took my husband and I about 2 hours to hike to the falls. If you're looking for a nice moderate hike, I would absolutely recommend Lye Brook. The falls itself was a bit disappointing compared with others we've seen (New York State Finger Lakes region, Letchworth).

1 Thank Cityoflight62
Rochester, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Not a hike for beginners”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful trees and very relaxing hike for first .5 miles. Slowly gets steeper and more difficult. Rocks and leaves made it a bit tricky and slippery. Met several on the trail that didn't make it to top due to slick rocks. Take water and have a hiking or walking stick.

1 Thank Boots772
Boston, Massachusetts
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Beautiful hike!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I went on this hike, but with limited time. We gave ourself 3 hours and made it back well within that time. I am glad I read some other reviews first because we knew to keep walking past the dried up waterfall to the actual waterfalls. It was breathtaking! When you get to the falls you can go up or down. We went down and it was nice, but I am so glad we went up before leaving because we saw the waterfall without having trees block it.
My husband and I are very fit, but it was a lot of uphill walking, so I am surprised at some of the reviews saying how easy it was. If we had our parents with us we would have had to turn back, so I think take your fitness level and the temperature out into consideration before going on this hike. Wear the right shoes and bring water!

2 Thank Lpanz
Albany, NY
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A little steep and slippery on the leaves but worth it!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We brought a picnic up and the trip down was a little slippery on the leaves but it was beautiful even though it sprinkled a little. perfect fall hike.

Visited November 2012