“Fair, Not Great”
Review of Weathervane Motel

Weathervane Motel
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed August 24, 2007

We stayed at the Weathervane Motel for 3 nights in July. The place is an odd mix of cheap motel and B&B. Our room was a decent size, but I found the decor depressing. The bathroom window didn't close properly and tons of bugs got into the room. There was also mold in the bathroom. Breakfast was served in the owners' living/dining room which made me feel uncomfortable. The bagels, English muffins, corn flakes, moldy and rotting fruit, and watery orange-drink were not that appealing. We could not get wireless internet access in our room as advertised.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank Starr01

Reviewed August 18, 2007

When i first called the Weathervane about a room, I immediately got a very nice and friendly feeling from the owner Murveta. She was very accommadating and I had a feeling it was going to be a wonderful experience. We were so pleased when we arrived at the motel. Very well kept grounds and we can see they are still making improvements. The pool was great. That is my daughter's favorite summer activity. The room was very large and very clean. The bathroom was a perfect size with tub and shower. They serve continental breakfast which was enough to keep you going the whole day. Plenty of food and coffee.The air conditioning was strong enough. Murveta was very sweet and was willing to help you out with anything you asked. She was very informative about the surrounding area and good places to go for dinner(even gave me a coupon for a restaurant).
We have been coming to Vermont for over 35 years and we have finally found a new home to stay at when visiting. I strongley recommend the Weathervane Motel for next vacation to Vermont.
You certainly will not be disappointed.
Carol and Don R

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank yelolab18
Reviewed April 27, 2007

My son is a competitive skier so we travel all winter and stay at a variety of motels. The Vermont Open at Stratton Mtn. pretty much ends our season. Last year the coach booked 4 rooms at the Weathervane, he knew the owners. This year we could have stayed with the team free at Okemo but decided to return to the Weathervane. The owners, Murvetta and Branko are very kind and considerate...always asked about my sons competition and told me I looked tired when we arrived..I was. After 5 hours of bad driving we couldn't wait to get to our room, back the car up to the door, unload and get some sleep.
The rooms are large with two Queen size beds. My kids won't sleep together so we travel with a twin size air bed...plenty of floor space. The beds were comfortable, clean and warm. Each room has it own thermostat so we could adjust. We had extra blankets and pillows available. I am a light sleeper and always travel with earplugs but didn't need them. The bathroom was spotless with a shower...great pressure. The large fluffy bath towels, faceclothes and handtowels were new. I enjoyed the Green Mountain coffee in my coffeepot and was able to bring some groceries for the refrigerator (boys eat all the time).
We had to be at Stratton by 7:30am so we didn't have breakfast at the motel. Stratton Mtn. is about 15-20 minutes away. McDonalds is 5 minutes away. I also had my older son who has a new driver license with me. He was happy to take the car, go a very short distance and find Orvis Fishing/Hunting store, ice cream and pizza. This motel is so comfortable, just like home for us.
Also.... When we got home my son realized he had left his favorite goggles, yarn and a hat he was crocheting hidden in a drawer under a pillow. I called the motel and spoke to the daughter who said she would run down to our room, get his stuff and have her Mom mail it to us. We got it a few days later.... any place else would have tossed it. I would recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank freeskierMaine
Reviewed November 18, 2006

Fifteen years have past since our return to Manchester Vermont to celebrate my 50th birthday and our reservation were made at the Weathervane Motel. Upon arrival we were greeted by a very energetic Murvetta who signed us in and offered us discount passes to Hildene, historic summer home of Robert Todd Lincoln in Manchester as well as restaurant recommendations. We were delighted to see the office entrance improvements and the upgrades to the bathrooms and rooms. Our three-day stay included pool time in a very clean pool and we enjoyed great conversation with our hosts, Murvetta and Branko. The grounds have been manicured to perfection with almost enough room for a Little League Baseball game. The putting green we saw on our last trip was gone but who knows, it may return. And there little dog... what a joy, and so friendly. Overall our stay was more than enjoyable. We will return! Oh yeah, their recommendation of the restaurant "Jonathan's Table" we will return there too.
Scott & Jane Bill & Amber

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sdv2
Reviewed October 16, 2006

My girlfriend and I stayed there last weekend. The place was fantastic and there no problems or hassles. I would recommend it to anyone visiting the area

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank lazybugger
Reviewed August 30, 2006

You have to remember Manchester VT has an upscale atmosphere that most of the B&B or hotels in the area match or attempt to match. This motel does not fit the pattern. It is a much restored old roadside motel, but it remains just that. My room was very clean and except for the door, everything in the room had been replaced or remodeled (carpet, ceiling, the whole bathroom , etc). I stayed three days with my kids, who think a Hampton Inn is the ultimate five star hotel, so we had a perfect time. Yes, I agree that the owners are friendly......but if you are looking for an upscale property to go on a vacation to southern VT, look somewhere else.

Stayed: August 2006
5  Thank urufenta
Reviewed August 10, 2006

Our family stayed at the Weathervane for a week and it was great! We had four rooms in all and each was clean and well appointed. The rooms are decorated so much nicer than a traditional motel. The grounds are spacious and neatly maintained and there are tons of things to do nearby. We enjoyed eating breakfast with the owners, Branko and Murveta, in the dining room adjacent to the office. If that's not your thing you can bring your breakfast back to your room. Speaking of the owners, what can we say? WE LOVE THEM!!! They go out of their way to help you with any little thing that you need. One hot day, we were at the pool and Murveta brought us ice cold waters to drink. Another day, she overheard our son wishing for a bagel. The next day, and for the rest of the week we had bagels and cream cheese. We travel extensively and we put our Weathervane experience right up at the top of our list.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family