“Wonderful place and great hosts”
Review of Weathervane Motel

Weathervane Motel
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed December 13, 2008

My husband and I had to be in Manchester Vermont on business and I should have written a review back then. We got stuck in bad weather and the Weathervane Motel was recommended by the local bank, of all places. Driving in the storm, down dark New England roads, we did not expect such a wonderful and lovely place.

Murveta met us as we got out of the car and hustled us into the warm, inviting reception area. Check-in was easy and amazing and the room was huge. We usually stay in B&B's and Country Inns and were not expecting the same sort of attention to detail at a motel. We were warm and cozy all night, and breakfast was fine the next morning.

I definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed: December 2005, traveled on business
1  Thank GreatGuest

Reviewed August 25, 2008

We came to the Weathervane on a recommendation from the front desk of a hotel in town that was out of our price range.

We found a clean, well-maintained, reasonably priced motel on the outskirts of Manchester. The rooms are large and comfortable. No complaints whatsoever.

Most importantly, the owners are some of friendliest, hospitable people you will ever meet. They take great pride in the hard work they put into restoring the Weathervane.

The Weathervane was a great find. Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank smgold
Reviewed August 9, 2008

The Weathervane is a lovely place to stay. The rooms are large and nicely equipped, the grounds are spacious and well maintained and the location is very close to town. But what makes the Weathervane special are the owners, Murveta and Branko. They are a friendly, outgoing couple who obviously enjoy being inkeepers. This place is the antithesis of the chain hotels and is a great place to stay while enjoying the beautiful Vermont countryside.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank B Bob C
Reviewed June 23, 2008

I never write reviews, but feel compelled to after our stay this weekend. We were in town for a wedding in Manchester, VT and The Weathervane Motel was one of the recommended places to stay. Although the original reason we chose the Weathervane was the others were filled, I am so glad they were! I knew as soon as we checked in that our hosts were as friendly and accomodating as the reviews I'd previously read. They went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and I felt like I was visiting old friends. It is a motel although unlike others I've stayed in, we had our parking in the front where we entered, but we also had a screen door facing the huge and beautifully-cared for backyard that includes the very large pool. We never used the air-conditioner since we could open windows on both sides of our room and have a wonderful breeze going through. Also, since we were a large group and occupied 10 rooms, we were able to gather outside next to our rooms or the pool and enjoy the sunshine on the many chairs and loungers. I even noticed a hammock, although I never had the time to use it! We had an extremely large room (plenty of space to spread out all those outlet purchases) with a King-sized bed, separate dressing area with a long counter, so my boyfriend could shave as I dried my hair and did my make-up for the wedding. What a wonderful arrangement, we weren't fighting over space in the bathroom like we normally do! Eveything was very clean and all the rooms are uniquely decorated. I didn't see any room that was exactly like another. I would definitely stay here again. It met all of our needs and exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank StacieDStowe_VT
Reviewed August 24, 2007

We stayed at the Weathervane Motel for 3 nights in July. The place is an odd mix of cheap motel and B&B. Our room was a decent size, but I found the decor depressing. The bathroom window didn't close properly and tons of bugs got into the room. There was also mold in the bathroom. Breakfast was served in the owners' living/dining room which made me feel uncomfortable. The bagels, English muffins, corn flakes, moldy and rotting fruit, and watery orange-drink were not that appealing. We could not get wireless internet access in our room as advertised.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank Starr01
Reviewed August 18, 2007

When i first called the Weathervane about a room, I immediately got a very nice and friendly feeling from the owner Murveta. She was very accommadating and I had a feeling it was going to be a wonderful experience. We were so pleased when we arrived at the motel. Very well kept grounds and we can see they are still making improvements. The pool was great. That is my daughter's favorite summer activity. The room was very large and very clean. The bathroom was a perfect size with tub and shower. They serve continental breakfast which was enough to keep you going the whole day. Plenty of food and coffee.The air conditioning was strong enough. Murveta was very sweet and was willing to help you out with anything you asked. She was very informative about the surrounding area and good places to go for dinner(even gave me a coupon for a restaurant).
We have been coming to Vermont for over 35 years and we have finally found a new home to stay at when visiting. I strongley recommend the Weathervane Motel for next vacation to Vermont.
You certainly will not be disappointed.
Carol and Don R

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank yelolab18
Reviewed April 27, 2007

My son is a competitive skier so we travel all winter and stay at a variety of motels. The Vermont Open at Stratton Mtn. pretty much ends our season. Last year the coach booked 4 rooms at the Weathervane, he knew the owners. This year we could have stayed with the team free at Okemo but decided to return to the Weathervane. The owners, Murvetta and Branko are very kind and considerate...always asked about my sons competition and told me I looked tired when we arrived..I was. After 5 hours of bad driving we couldn't wait to get to our room, back the car up to the door, unload and get some sleep.
The rooms are large with two Queen size beds. My kids won't sleep together so we travel with a twin size air bed...plenty of floor space. The beds were comfortable, clean and warm. Each room has it own thermostat so we could adjust. We had extra blankets and pillows available. I am a light sleeper and always travel with earplugs but didn't need them. The bathroom was spotless with a shower...great pressure. The large fluffy bath towels, faceclothes and handtowels were new. I enjoyed the Green Mountain coffee in my coffeepot and was able to bring some groceries for the refrigerator (boys eat all the time).
We had to be at Stratton by 7:30am so we didn't have breakfast at the motel. Stratton Mtn. is about 15-20 minutes away. McDonalds is 5 minutes away. I also had my older son who has a new driver license with me. He was happy to take the car, go a very short distance and find Orvis Fishing/Hunting store, ice cream and pizza. This motel is so comfortable, just like home for us.
Also.... When we got home my son realized he had left his favorite goggles, yarn and a hat he was crocheting hidden in a drawer under a pillow. I called the motel and spoke to the daughter who said she would run down to our room, get his stuff and have her Mom mail it to us. We got it a few days later.... any place else would have tossed it. I would recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family