“Wow, can you be more rude!”
Review of Weathervane Motel

Weathervane Motel
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I was treated awful from the start, as soon as I checked in she was arguing with me about my booking, and basically called me a Iier. Then she told me was was going to upgrade me but since she was unhappy about my booking she is no longer and now is going to give us a smaller room. OOOO ok, gee, I already paid for the room, I paid for one night, I remember asking for ONLY one night and she said that would be fine but had a fit when I sign in. The hospitably or lack there of just continued from there, but the time we left, I wanted to cry, I have never been spoken to or treated like that by a business, well I will tell everyone of my horrible stay and I will officially never stay there again!

Room Tip: pick one at a different hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank weller11

Reviewed March 5, 2012

Our group was put up here for a week of business meetings. Although the hosts were very friendly, the place is a bit dated. Circa 1970's. The rooms and baths are spacious and clean but need a little sprucing up. The continental breakfast on the other hand was tragic. Cold cereals, toast and bagels, I know...a continental breakfast. Skip it and drive into town and find something else.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank FishinTexan
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I stay here every time I visit Vermont, which is at least three times yearly. The owners, Murveta and Branco, treat us like family. The place is clean, the rooms are big, warm in winter and cool in summer and well appointed. I've recommended it to my friends who come up to ski at Stratton and they have all become regular long time guests. I highly recommend the Weathervane to all who come to this beautiful area.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rosalie C
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I had several friends coming down and needed to room for four. The owners were great, the room was very clean and comfortable. While the decor is a little dated it had a quaint and homey feel. The continental breakfast had many options and was ample to prep us for skiing.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bexx802
Reviewed December 9, 2011

One of the first things you notice here is that the owners Murveta and Branko treat you like
old friends. They go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. The rooms are very clean, large and well appointed. Slept very well with no noise. Our hiking club stayed here one night for the Annual Holiday Open House Tour. The location is perfect to downtown and other attractions. Rates included a continental breakfast which gives you a good head start for the day. Some of our group stayed an extra night. Highly recommend the Weathervane Motel. I now have new friends having met Murveta and Branko.

Room Tip: The fireplace rooms give you a pleasant ambience
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank agoodjd
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I booked the Weathervane Hotel for mid week escape for my parents. They stayed at the property 30 years ago and had fond memories of their time there. New owners Murveta and Petar have taken over the property since then and have done a fantastic job creating a welcome and inviting hotel.

The rooms are large, clean and well appointed. I booked a King size deluxe room for two nites. When I dropped my parents off, they were fondly greeted by the owner. She said not to worry about checking in now, to go get settled in and refresh themselves, they could take care of the formalities later or the next morning.

The room included a wonderful electric fireplace that looked like the real thing and gave off ample warmth. The bathroom was large, wi-fi was free and my dad enjoyed the directtv.

I highly recommend this property. The staff was wonderful and full of excellent suggestions.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms have awesome electric fireplaces that look and feel like the real thing.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrbodywork
Reviewed October 10, 2011

My boyfriend and I planned a semi last minute trip to Manchester to view the foliage. There was not much availability and I am a bit of a hotel snob. I don't like patterned bed spreads and get grossed out by dirty carpets, out dated bathrooms, etc.
We were not willing to spend the money on the Equinox and we found the Weathervane at $175 per night. Lowest rate around.
We checked in late and they had the tv on and heat going. The room was very very big and totally clean and we had a fireplace! The location was close enough to go into town and also travel around to see the sites. It had the feel of a bed and breakfast but with more privacy. I will definitely recommend!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple