“Fabulous”

Ranked #4 of 12 Manchester B&B and Inns
Corinth, New York
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

This place is everything you want in a hotel stay. The inn keepers are friendy and so helpful. The rooms are clean and good size. The value is great. I highly recomend the breakfast at the restaurant. This pace is ideal location about 3 miles outside of manchester to give you awesome views and just great atmosphere. All I can say is thank you thank you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Narberth, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

When my wife and I saw the view of the valley out of the glass doors from our room, we knew were in the perfect place. North Shire Lodge & Pub is the perfect place to stay in the Manchester VT area. Tim and Kerry are excellent hosts and the pub and conversations with them made this a memorable stay. Be sure to stay for dinner and try Kerry's stuffed mushrooms.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a great view down the valley
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael M
West Islip, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

I usually never leave a review. I have stayed in many of the motels in this area. This is a pretty good place. The rooms have big sliding doors with great views that lead out to well kept grounds, nice to sit and relax. The hosts are friendly and very accommodating. They have brand new HD TVs in the rooms with plenty of HD stations. Not sure if it was in HD, but they did get the Mets on SNY. They did have YES as well. They have a DVD player in each room and there is a good selection in the DVD library at the front desk. Could use some updating, but the rooms are kept pretty clean. They usually have breakfast as well. There have a little PUB with a pool table and fireplace . Although I did not use the pool, it looks like it has a decent area to sit and watch your kids. The host was cleaning it each day we were there. If you want a decent hotel in this area without spending a fortune this place is good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
NorthShireVermont, Owner at North Shire Lodge & Mountain View Pub, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
So glad you enjoyed your stay. Just want to clear up a couple things in your review, our Pub does not have a pool table, never has - I suspect you were looking at our very unique glass top piano table that guests can dine on. Also, we have breakfast every day - served to you in our Pub and included with your stay. Our rooms were recently updated with duvet covers on all of our beds, ensuring that our guests never have to sleep with some dirty old bed spread that other people have slept with - cleanliness in our rooms is our number one priority! Glad you enjoyed our new HDTV's with HD reception and over 150 channels. Thanks so much for staying with us and thanks for leaving your review.
Pomfret, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

The North Shire Lodge & Pub is the perfect place for a quiet retreat away from the hustle and bustle of in town activity. We loved the quietness, beautiful views, and especially the hospitality of the innkeepers. Our room was spotless, the food was incredible (and gourmet), and the ambiance was that of total relaxation. It is located on the outskirts of town, yet everything is within a short drive. The North Shire Lodge is worth the stay while visiting the Manchester, VT area. Thank you for the special birthday dessert!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are good!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for choosing the North Shire Lodge for your stay in Manchester, and for choosing our Pub to enjoy your birthday. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay, and we enjoyed having you stay with us.
Marco Island, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

North Shire Lodge is delightful. We stayed here two nights during a motorcycle tour through Vermont and the Lake George area. I had read all the reviews and visited their website before deciding to book here. Everything looked perfect and beautiful. I figured it had to be too good to be true.
I drove the whole way with great anticipation from Eastern MA. When we arrived we were warmly greeted by Kerry, one of the owners. We checked in, made our reservations for breakfast and dinner and off to our room. I was not disappointed at all when we opened the door to our room. We had room 9 with an amazing view of the mountains. The room was spotless, nicely decorated and very comfy. The king size bed was super comfortable with plenty of blankets and super soft sheets. Love this place already and haven't even visited the Pub. First night at the Pub we met the other owner,Tim. Really great guy who served us a burger and Quesadilla. Both were delicious. Both of these items were off the pub menu for $10 each. The following night we had reservations for dinner. Kerry cooks everything to order so reservations are necessary for dinner items. Appetizers and burgers no reservations are needed but are also cooked to order by Kerry. We both had the cedar plank salmon with baked potato & carrots. Excellent as well.
For the full lodge breakfast they require reservations. The continental breakfast is served anytime.
The full Breakfast was delicious and complimentary. I will say the sausage is excellent but serving only 1 link is bit of a tease. At least give me 2!

My only real complaint is the cancellation policy. 14 days no refund is a bit much and severely limiting to travelers. I think a 48 hour or even a 72 hour window would be more reasonable.

The North Shire lodge operates much like a bed and breakfast but with a few delightful twists.
I hope to return soon.

Long Valley, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

My husband, my son (6 1/2), and myself traveled over the first week of July and had a lovely stay! The innkeepers run this place like a bed and breakfast. The rooms were spotless and well appointed. The hosts were very friendly and welcoming. The hot Vermont breakfast was delicious and different each day. We enjoyed the very clean and warm in-ground pool. My son enjoyed the dvd library to borrow from as well as all the board games to play. My husband and I enjoyed the Vermont micro-brews on tap in the pub and of course the mountain views. We will return!!

Room Tip: We had room number 15. It was furthest from the road on the end of the building and very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

I was not expecting a lot from a small roadside lodge in Vermont. I was really just hoping for a clean room. I was, however, blown away by this place. Scenery is fantastic, owners Tim and Kerry were complete sweethearts, the food was made with love, and the rooms had more ammenities than I expected (even had an iPod dock!). Pool was very clean and seemed pretty new. I just wish we had stayed here for our whole trip to Vermont!