“Great Place”

GreenLeadersSilver level
eastern USA
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2009

We stayed in a specialty room and loved it! The service (front desk and cleaning) was wonderful. I would highly recommend a specialty room!! It's our new place to stay in Manchester!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Rhinebeck, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2009

Whenever we go to Manchester (2-3 times a year), we stay at this hotel. It is beautifully decorated and has many conveniences to add to the charm. We had a fireplace (unfortunately it was not in operation after (I believe) May 1 which was a shame due to the cold, damp & rainy June we had. Our room also had a whirlpool tub for two, a GIANT shower, a keurig coffeemaker, and a private deck.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2009

I just returned from staying here and I try to stay at the Manchesterview at least once a year. During my first visit 5 yrs ago I stayed in a standard room which at the time I thought was a pretty nice room with a huge bed and wonderful sitting porch outside of the sliding glass doors and the room which had all the bells and whistles was the cleanest that I have ever seen but the year after that I stayed in the Pearl Buck room and I have not moved since. The Pearl Buck room makes you feel like your staying in a small apartment with out the kitchen area. The spa tub in the bathroom melts all your stress away and the gas fireplace really comes in handy when you want to have a romantic weekend. King size bed speaks for itself and again it's the cleanest room I have seen in a very long time. This property does not have a restaraunt and I'm glad because people would just complain about their dry hamburgers and that would take away from the true experience of this hotel. The view is gourgeous and the website does not give justice to the true images around you and in every room. You only have to stay here once to get hooked and become a regular. The owners Pat and Tom really make you feel like family and the rest of the small staff inforce that. If you think I'm kidding just check for yourself .............Newirisheyes.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2009

This was our fourth trip to The Manchester View. It was our first visit in the spring. We stayed in the Calvin Coolidge Room for two nights. We like it because it is spacious, overlooks a meadow and immediately pushes us into a restful/peaceful state. We then moved to a King Room because the CC was booked for our last night. It, too, was spacious and comfortable. Regardless of weather we love the place because you can light a fire and read for hours!

We had wonderful meals in town. We'd heartily recommend "Up for Breakfast" and for breakfast and The Gourmet Deli and Cafe for lunch. We had a lovely dinner at "The Perfect Wife."

I had a particulary lovely experience while I was there this time. A friend who was recently widowed is looking for places to travel. On one of my walks I passed the local shul. I stopped in and was warmly welcomed by the office manager. I explained that my friend is a devout Jew and part of her trip would include attending temple. The woman gave me literature and took the time to explain that the temple was not affiliated with a particular sect of Judaism and then went on to explain how the readings for Shabbat service was determined. Additionally she gave me printed materials about the temple and finally explained that there was a Shabbat dinner each week.

It is that kind of hospitality that I've regularly experienced in Manchester and at the MV.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Peabody
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2009

From the outside you might think the place was like a small cottage but the rooms were large inside and well kept. The place was lovely. The value was good

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
new jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2009

My family and I spent 3 nights at the Manchester View. They were very friendly, the room was great (very comfortable bed) and the views are amazing. The location is excellent five minutes out of town. We will be returning next year!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2009

We decided last minute to take a weekend trip up to Vermont to go skiing at Stratton Mountain. I had stayed at the Manchester View Inn a couple of years back and decided to return.

We stayed in the Pearl Buck room and it was very nice. It has a very large King size bed, jacuzzi and a deck that looks out over the pool. The room was very clean and the staff is very friendly. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay and will absolutley stay at the Manchester View Inn when we return next year!

Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple