The Stamford Motel & Restaurant
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Four Winds Country Motel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$85
Manchester View(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$99
Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$132
Hampton.com
The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$179
$171
Olympia Lodge(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$115
Travelocity
The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$199
Kimpton Taconic Hotel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$135
Kimpton
Casablanca Motel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$109
All reviewsnipper's caferoom was cleanon site restaurantfire pitboth breakfast and dinnerhorse showthe vermont summer festivalstratton mountainmanchester areadefinitely stay here againtwo night stayflat screen tvnew englandcoffee makervisiting manchesterhome away from homeglass of wine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 11, 2013

When we arrived in early June we received a warm welcome from the owners and the distinct impression that urgent work was underway to get the motel ready for the summer rush. A crew was doing some serious carpentry and tile work on one of the rooms, this was not conducive to afternoon naps.

The motel seems to be a work in progress, a sort of DYI project with the very best intentions and flashes of genuine taste and consideration. If you are looking for Martha Steward perfect room and a flawless finish, you had best look elsewhere. And expect to pay alot more than we did at this ccnveniently located inn. my hip daughter in law would declare it all funky. You get the idea. some nice old wooden furniture, call them Vermont antiques if you like, grace the rooms. Everything is freshly painted with interesting color schemes, including the bathroom door that sticks. The beds are comfortable, the linen clean, the towel freshr and promptly changed each day. Bathrooms are a bit tight but updated.

Our bottom line is you can't fault the very nice owners for effort, pleasantness and gumption. They are care even if at times the execution falters. Stay there for the value and pretty nice rooms.

Oh, if you hear a fan running in the middle of the quiet of the Vermont night, it may be the motor on the over sized and new frig. We unplugged it till morning.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank RPCV1963
SallyH123, Owner at The Stamford Motel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

We do apologize that we were under renovations while you were here but the spring is the time for us to work on the property. Many thanks for staying with us. Hopefully we are further ahead if you decide to come back. Thanks, Karen

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife and I picked The Stamford based on other reviews and we are very glad we did! When we arrived, Karen, the owner, was there to greet us with a smile and she made sure we got checked into our room quickly after our 3 1/2 hour drive. It's obvious you are dealing with an owner who really cares about her guests as she was more than willing and happy to take the time to find out what we wanted to do during our stay and then go over where the best hikes and attractions that we were interested in were. After a long day of hiking and other activities, we opted to have dinner at Nippers right there in the Motel and were very pleasantly surprised! Adam, Karen's husband and co-owner, is also the chef and the food was excellent. The rooms have been recently renovated and ours was clean and neat and the sheets were crisp and white.. We got a King size bed which was very comfortable. As mentioned in the headline of this review, the motel is conveniently located just a couple of minutes outside Manchester Center.

I am now just a little suspicious of a couple of the oddly vindictive reviews written as I don't see how some of the things they have written could even be true.

We had a great little two night getaway and will definitely return!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

It was so kind of you to write a great review. It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife. I really enjoyed our conversation. I hope things go well for you in Fairfield and I look forward to seeing you again. Thanks, Karen

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I do not usually use trip advisor however at the request of this business's manager I would like to address a prior review made by a user which implied that a king bed was promised and they were then given a full size bed. I made the reservation for that particular user and shared the room with that indiviudal, and therefore I would like to clarify that we did originally request a king bed, but then after specifiying that we did not want to have to switch rooms for the second day (which is what we would have needed to do in order to have a king bed both nights), the manager then assigned us a room with a full size bed that would allow us to not have to switch rooms... the manager apparently advised me of this, but I must have forgotten. The manager has also contacted me in the response to the previous review (because I was the one who made the reservation) and clarified that the upstairs rooms were under partial renovations at the time of our stay, which is why they did not seem as nice as the downstairs front rooms. Because the previous review is not mine, and I cannot remove it, I figured it would be best to post something addressing the issue. The manager of this establishment clearly cares very much about the public's view and the overall reputation of this motel, as she has been in contact me consistently requesting that I remove the prevoius review (which I cannot do as it is not mine). I hope this counter-review will suffice in clarifying that the prior review's mention of the king vs. full bed was not entirely factual.

Room Tip: Request a renovated room, as some are much more updated then others.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank e c

Thank you so much we appreciate the fact that you have tried to rectify the situation to the best of your ability. We greatly appreciate your help in this matter. Thanks, Karen

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Coming back from the White Mountain area in New Hampshire to New York City, we wanted to break our journey and explore the Green Mountain area of Vermont and stayed here for 2 nights.

Manchester is actually a quaint little town but unfortunately lacked wider range of lodging compare to North Conway NH. We settled for The Stamford for the "magnficent views" as seen on the motel website.

The motel is really basic and old fashion with a window unit airconditioner. The room with 2 double beds provides just enough space to sleep. The lights in the room were too dim for all purpose. The sink in the bathroom was so low that you have to bend down to brush your teeth!

The owner cum chef Adam is quite friendly and nice, recommended some of the best eateries in the area despite the fact that they run a cafe themselve.

Generally I find the lodging in the area overpriced compare to many other destination in New England. I guess the supply is limited and also learnt that most out-of-town visitors own a vacation home here and hence services seem to cater more to these wealthies.

Also the requirement for an advanced deposit with 14 to 30 days cancellation policy imposed by the motels in the area is undesirable for tourists as plan do change sometime.

Overall our visit to the Green Mountain region was quite a disappointment, and probably won't return again unless there are some improvement in the facilities for tourists.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Yes, we are a two star motel and yes we have a strict cancellation policy. We don't claim to have large rooms but we are cheap in comparison to motels in the area and that is why the rooms are a bit smaller. We apologize that you were not thrilled with your stay. Thanks, Karen

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Our stay at the Stamford Motel was really nice. We enjoyed the country setting and the beautiful gardens just outside our room. Karen was most accommodating in seeing to our needs and making us feel at home. It's a good place at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 332FrankandJane

Thanks so much for finding the time to write a review we greatly appreciate it. We realize that everyone these days have very filled schedules. We are very happy that you were happy with your stay. We look forward to your return. Thanks, Karen