When we arrived in early June we received a warm welcome from the owners and the distinct impression that urgent work was underway to get the motel ready for the summer rush. A crew was doing some serious carpentry and tile work on one of the rooms, this was not conducive to afternoon naps.
The motel seems to be a work in progress, a sort of DYI project with the very best intentions and flashes of genuine taste and consideration. If you are looking for Martha Steward perfect room and a flawless finish, you had best look elsewhere. And expect to pay alot more than we did at this ccnveniently located inn. my hip daughter in law would declare it all funky. You get the idea. some nice old wooden furniture, call them Vermont antiques if you like, grace the rooms. Everything is freshly painted with interesting color schemes, including the bathroom door that sticks. The beds are comfortable, the linen clean, the towel freshr and promptly changed each day. Bathrooms are a bit tight but updated.
Our bottom line is you can't fault the very nice owners for effort, pleasantness and gumption. They are care even if at times the execution falters. Stay there for the value and pretty nice rooms.
Oh, if you hear a fan running in the middle of the quiet of the Vermont night, it may be the motor on the over sized and new frig. We unplugged it till morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You will be glad you chose the Stamford Motel & Restaurant for your stay in Manchester Center, VT we are conveniently located just 1.5 miles north of the center from the designer outlets. We are set back from Route 7A and we offer 7 rooms on 5 landscaped acres with a 180 degree view of Mount Equinox. We have a selection of rooms from a single full, queen or king as well as rooms with two full size beds or two queen beds. All rooms have individually controlled thermostats, air-conditioners, TV (direct TV) microwaves and refrigerators and free coffee. We are certain that your stay with us will be pleasurable. Nipper's Cafe & Steakhouse is a 30 seat restaurant located at the motel serving breakfast from 8am - 10am midweek - 7:30am - 10am Saturday and 7:30am - 12pm and dinner from 5pm - 8pm. We grow many fresh vegetables out back in the spring - fall that are used in the restaurant. The restaurant is currently closed on Monday and Tuesday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Stamford Motel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Stamford Hotel Manchester
- Stamford Hotel Manchester Center