I've stayed in a few places around the Manchester area. I was working a project in the area for 3-4 months. I come to the area weekly for three nights and where I stay is critically important to me. In the 3 years I have been doing this type of work, I can honestly say that The Stamford Motel is without a doubt the best hotel I have stayed in. You might find that unusual because it's not "The Ritz" or "The Equinox", I've stayed in both. The way I rate a hotel is in this order; first comfort (bed and pillows), second cleanliness and third service.
Karen and Adam excel in all of these subject areas. Even though the rooms are a little outdated who cares. The beds/mattresses were great with real pillows not foam. They have a nice quilt on the beds. The rooms were clean and the staff is real accommodating. To top it off they have by far the best restaurant in town. Good food at a reasonable price.
I would highly recommend the Stamford. It's run by great people who go out of their way to make their guest's stay enjoyable. If you're looking for a fancy place that will wine and dine you, charge you outrageous prices there are plenty of resort hotels and B & B's in the area. Take your pick ... but if you're traveling with your family and friends you can't beat the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You will be glad you chose the Stamford Motel & Restaurant for your stay in Manchester Center, VT we are conveniently located just 1.5 miles north of the center from the designer outlets. We are set back from Route 7A and we offer 7 rooms on 5 landscaped acres with a 180 degree view of Mount Equinox. We have a selection of rooms from a single full, queen or king as well as rooms with two full size beds or two queen beds. All rooms have individually controlled thermostats, air-conditioners, TV (direct TV) microwaves and refrigerators and free coffee. We are certain that your stay with us will be pleasurable. Nipper's Cafe & Steakhouse is a 30 seat restaurant located at the motel serving breakfast from 8am - 10am midweek - 7:30am - 10am Saturday and 7:30am - 12pm and dinner from 5pm - 8pm. We grow many fresh vegetables out back in the spring - fall that are used in the restaurant. The restaurant is currently closed on Monday and Tuesday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Stamford Motel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Stamford Hotel Manchester
- Stamford Hotel Manchester Center