“Lacking a little bit of everything ”
Review of Ponce Bistro

Ponce Bistro
Ranked #27 of 62 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Ponce we specialize in Exquisite Fusion Cuisine. Start the day with a perfect crema latte and flaky French crossaint. By noon the lavendar goat cheese salad beckons, followed by a home brewed cup of chai and our famous chocolate chip cookies. Finally the day is complete over a relaxing candlelight dinner of salmon tarragon bisque and tenderly broiled raspberry chipotle skirt steak, accompanied by a favorite Cabernet that you brought with you.
Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

After shopping in the very touristy area of Manchester, my husband and I decided to have some lunch. We happened upon Ponce and walked in. The atmosphere upon arriving was more of a coffee shop than a restaurant. We were seated quickly in the tiny dining area. We were left to look over the short menu for what seemed like a long time. Our waitress returned with waters and offered us only water, coffee (a variety of espresso, and such) and fresh brewed iced tea. My husband opted to stick with water and I chose the "freshly brewed Earl Grey iced tea". The tea arrived to the table after another long stretch of time and appeared to have been steeped in a colander as there were large amounts of tea leaves in my glass. I was never offered any sweetener for my tea and none was provided on the table. Our meals finally arrived and although they were tasty, the wait for them was disproportionate to how busy it was and since they were both cold sandwiches, it seemed like a very long time to wait. The waitress, although kind, was very distracted. I asked for a container to bring the remainder of my sandwich home and then proceeded to wait another 20 minutes for the container to arrived, by which time I just decided to finish the sandwich because at that time I had no idea when the next time I'd see our waitress and maybe I'd need to sustenance to get me through... Finally we attempted to pay and had to wait even longer for her to bring the check.
The wait wasn't worth it. And truthfully Ponce should probably just stick to doing the "coffee bar" thing. They aren't staffed enough as a restaurant and the options were very limited.
BUT If you have an hour or more to kill and want to wait for a fancy sandwich, this is worth a try.

Reviewed July 21, 2017

The food is ok. It's a hit and miss. But from what I have found out could be because the owner does not pay his staff for one thing and not pay for his order. The big thing to me as have worked in the industry before, you got to pay your staff!!

Reviewed July 9, 2017

a small but so well decorated, make you feel so relax, quiet , outside a few tables, as alone or family go there, have your lunch or dinner , receive kind service and feel good.

note that you may bring your wine or so from your house, otherwise no alcoholic drink at the restaurant , ( beer doubtfull) and no extra charge for that . So makes you feel at home in two small rooms.

Reviewed June 13, 2017

A wide variety of good lunch options in the old home on the main street leading into Manchester. The outside patio is a lovely spot for a meal, despite the traffic (and the mention of winter fireside dining sounds nice too). We found more choices than we could eat on the menu, as well as good options for specials. The staff was friendly and very accommodating in turning a meat entree into something vegetarian. The coffee was excellent, which is a big plus for us! We only wish we had had room for dessert. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed June 9, 2017

I enjoy going to Ponce for dinner, lunch, or a coffee on the go. The atmosphere, service and food is always pleasant (although sometimes on the slow side). I also love the new color choice on the exterior of the building, but for the life of me, I don't understand why the project has taken so long and still isn't completed? The Hampton Inn went up faster than the exterior paint project at Ponce.