“The best Coq Au Vin I've ever had” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brasserie L'Oustau - CLOSED

Brasserie L'Oustau
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1/4 mile East of Exit 4, Route 7
Description: Refined French brasserie dining, American style. Prix Fixe, Plats du Jour, Children's, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free menus.
New York
“The best Coq Au Vin I've ever had”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Great restaurant. While my husband and I have never been to France, we have both worked in 5 star dinging restaurants in Charleston, Atlanta, Orlando and LOVE to cook. Coq Au Vin is one of his favorite dishes so he orders it regularly and I'm always tasting it or working with him to perfect our own recipe. This dish was the best I've ever had and I can't wait to take him to Brasserie L'Oustau for him to try it on his own. I think the atmosphere of this restaurant is accommodating for Couples, family, friends or business. The service was wonderful from making reservations to the table side service - very knowledgeable staff and kind attentive service.

• Visited October 2013

Winchester, New Hampshire
“Delightful, romantic and outstanding dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

My husband took me to this wonderful restaurant last night for my birthday. From the intimate table to the outstanding service and food the night couldn't have been better. We started with the celeriac soup which was deliciously rich and creamy with a little duck confit on top. Then we had the arugula and beet salad which was a wonderful medley of flavors. Our waitress was excellent and able to help us make informed selections when we weren't sure of what to have. My husband had the short ribs which melted in your mouth. The waitress told us they are marinated for seven hours which is why they are so tender. I had the cod dish which was outstanding. Not usually a fan of Lima beans they even tasted great mixed in this dish. We finished the dinner with the profiteroles with ice cream which the waitress brought out with a candle which was a nice and subtle touch. All in all it was a memorable evening. Outstanding dinner don't miss it.

Visited March 2014
Naugatuck, CT
“A great dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Our first time here....we had put our visit off for many months. We went for brunch with friends. The decor was very pleasing; our greeter (owner?) was very mannerly and pleasant; our wait staff could not have been nicer or more professional and engaging; each item on our prix fixe menu was fantastic: the beet salad; the onion soup; the salmon and the ham; and the creme brulee and chocolate desserts were what you expect at a french restaurant.

Last advice to diners: give yourself time....do not go here if you don't have the time to wait for good food.

Suggestions to Brasserie L'Oustau: 1.) Note your hours on your website, prominently; 2.) give your actual hours on your phone message; and 3.) please turn the heat down a bit.

• Visited March 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Very Good Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Loved the french bisto atmosphere. The dinner was excellent , I had the mussels and argula beet saled, loved it..my husband the steak and frites prepared perfectly. Everyone was very welcoming , the service was perfect...Highly recommend

• Visited March 2014
Northampton, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Magnifique!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

Best restaurant meal we have had in a long time. The salmon was cooked perfectly, the bouillabaisse was delicious. Elegant atmosphere and smooth, polite service. I have travelled all over Europe and this restaurant rivals the best of the best. We had our 18month old granddaughter with us, so they seated us in a quiet area where we didn't have to worry about bothering the other diners, very discrete and thoughtful. Merci bien. We will definitely return.

• Visited February 2014