“Very, very good!”

Cuisines: French, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1/4 mile East of Exit 4, Route 7
Description: Refined French brasserie dining, American style. Prix Fixe, Plats du Jour, Children's, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free menus.
Reviewed February 21, 2012

My wife and I went on a Sat. night. Made reservations for 7PM, that day. We were seated near the open kitchen area, which was fun to watch because of the hustle and bustle. All staff were extremely polite and pleasant. Very, very attentive to all requests and needs. Waiter did forget to bring a second glass of wine that my wife ordered, but he finally brought it. Not a big deal.

Both of us had apps...I had steak tartar. Wife had a small salad. Both were excellent and tasty. Seemed reasonable priced. We both had entrees...scallops with a risotto for me and roasted chicken w/ vegee's for the Mrs. My scallops were cooked perfectly. Wife's chicken was very tasty.

We ordered one dessert, which was very good. Two glasses of wine a piece.

The bill with tip was $150. I feel that it was worth it but I would not be able to spend that amount very often due to budget.

My only advice to the new owner's is that they better be prepared for the non-busy seasons (Manchester is a heavy tourist destination) to keep the locals coming in. Otherwise he might have trouble filling his restaurant with patrons due to the higher prices.

All in all this was an excellent experience and we will be going again!

1  Thank FeedMegoodfood

Reviewed January 31, 2012

With restaurants coming & going , it was so nice to see the old Laney's restaurant in Manchester Center, VT re-modeled and transformed into a chic French Bistro. Welcome Michel to the Heart of the Green Mountains. The ambiance is delightful, the waitstaff courteous and knowledgable, Michel and his hostess/manager Shannon at the door welcoming guests all create a pleasant experience. The food is upscale, fresh and tastefully prepared. Nice touches such as beignets, Earl grey frosting on the carrot cake, and local poultry from Misty Knoll Farms. The meal was excellent, waitstaff attentive and a pure delight. My only criticism is the lack of dinner music (which i hear is coming!.) For a pleasant upscale experience I highly recommend dining at the Brasserie; "Bon Apetit'!!!

1  Thank shoots4themoon