“Don't judge by the outside appearance”

Nipper's Cafe & Steakhouse
Ranked #13 of 59 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: North Road
Description: Welcome to Nipper's Cafe and Steakhouse. Offering the best outdoor dining in Southern VT. We offer magnificient views of Mount Equinox. We strive to make every meal you dine with us a memorable experience. Nipper's has become popular amongst the locals and tourist for serving up outstanding fresh food at reasonable prices. We serve only Certified Angus Beef (CAB) steaks and fresh seafood. Whenever possible we use all local produce or preferably the vegetables come from our own organic,hydroponic gardens and all of our sauces are handcrafted on the property. We invite you to join us for a delicious home-cooked meal either in the morning or evening hours. Nipper's is the perfect setting for any size gathering and we want to make sure that your dining experience is enjoyable so you will return. We have added a large flagstone patio and fire pit for lounging.Catering, private parties and to go orders are available. We offfer a casual dining experience at a reasonable price. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Syracuse, NY
“Don't judge by the outside appearance”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

excellent food, small, quite. Make a reservation. The wine was a bit of a shallow pour for the money charged.

Visited October 2013
SallyH123, Owner at Nipper's Cafe & Steakhouse, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Thanks so much for dining with us. The wine is priced on a 6oz pour - for the price. I'm sorry you feel that you were cheated our glasses our quite large - we use riedel wine glasses - they aren't cheap and your wine experience is suppose to be better. Once again we do apologize and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Syracuse, New Yrk
“Great food and prices.”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Very nice place and cordial owners. The food is excellent as are
the prices. The restaurant is small but perfect for an intimate
dinner- pretty without being overdone. We recommend trying
this place to anyone who wants exceptional food at very
reasonable prices.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Cindi B
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review we greatly appreciate it. The restaurant is small but we feel it is very pleasant. Not sure if you have dined with us recently but we have added a bar :) and changed the paint on the walls. We feel it looks great. We look forward to seeing you again real soon.
Arlington, Vermont
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Breakfast? Skip the lines in Manchester, this is better”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We are locals who are breakfast lovers and I think we've finally found our favorite place in the Manchester area. It's difficult to get a table at most of the places right in town on weekends. I feel like I'm giving away a secret that will come back to bite us, but the food is so good here that I really think the place needs some publicity. We have not had lunch nor dinner there, but the breakfasts are outstanding. The first time there my wife had a crab omelet that was just superb.

There are some wonderful items on the breakfast menu that I know I will try someday, very unique, but it's hard for me to get off my "standard" breakfast of 2 eggs, toast, homefries and bacon. Bored? Well here's why you shouldn't be:

Eggs - an egg is an egg, right? Well the eggs here are really fresh. They serve fresh eggs as often as they can, and you can taste the difference. Homefries - red skinned potatoes cut in chunks, perfectly seasoned. Toast - I had whole wheat toast, thickly cut and hearty, I could taste the grain in the toast. Bacon - if you choose bacon you do have to pay $1 more, but boy is it worth it. The waitress said that they changed to a smoked bacon that cost a lot more, so they had to charge more. Umm, yeah - if you are a bacon lover, you won't care. "Standard" breakfast is about $6.50 or $7.50 with the bacon (coffee extra).

The coffee was also wonderful, something you can't always say when you visit a breakfast restaurant. The place is smaller, in a comfy kind of way. Maybe 10 or so tables. Service was great. It's just a 5 minute drive north on route 7a, next to the Stamford Motel. We lived here for over a year until we realized that this was a full service restaurant. Owners need to get the word out!

We can't wait to go back for dinner!

• Visited October 2013
Good things take time to build. Many thanks for writing a review. It was a pleasure to chat with you and your husband. Look forward to seeing you again. Many many thanks!!!!
Meredith, NH
“Not Outstanding, But Okay”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Resturant is tiny, and our table for 3 was very small behind a post. We had to take things (candle, sugar) off the table to fit our plates. Felt cramped. Service was fine. Good pace for the meal. Food was okay. Garlic/Wine mussels seemed flavorless. Asked for lemon for them, which helped. Salad had lots of nice veggies, and homemade dressings and roll were delicious. Entrees were okay. Nothing out of the park delicious. Desserts were homemade and the pumpkin pie was really good! Overall, a decent place.

• Visited October 2013
Yes the three ladies stuck next to the poll. Sorry if you had made a reservation or if it had been made earlier we could have accommodated you at a little larger table but based on our reservations you were stuck at the worst table in the restaurant. I am very sorry. However we were booked for evening. Glad to hear that your experience was ok. Have a great 2014.
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Breakfast at Nippers”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife and I stopped in for breakfast Sunday. When we vacation in Manchester, we typically eat in town. Yesterday, we decided to take a very short dive out of town. And let me say, well worth the 5 minute drive. I travel extensively for business. Eating out almost every night on the road. Over the course of a year, or years in my case. Very few meals stand out as something special. This breakfast by far, was the best I've had in years. All I need to say is Banana Bread French Toast? So sweet, no need for syrup. Eggs over Andouille sausage, with the sharpest Vermont Cheddar on top? Outstanding!!! I thank the management, in putting forth some thought into the breakfast menu. Service was excellent. Next trip to Manchester, we will not only be eating at Nippers, but staying at the motel as well.

• Visited September 2013
It helps when our customers are able to take time out of a busy day to write a review. Many thanks for a great review we really appreciate it. Best wishes in 2014.