“quality food at a quality price”

Nipper's Cafe & Steakhouse
Ranked #13 of 59 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: North Road
Description: Welcome to Nipper's Cafe and Steakhouse. Offering the best outdoor dining in Southern VT. We offer magnificient views of Mount Equinox. We strive to make every meal you dine with us a memorable experience. Nipper's has become popular amongst the locals and tourist for serving up outstanding fresh food at reasonable prices. We serve only Certified Angus Beef (CAB) steaks and fresh seafood. Whenever possible we use all local produce or preferably the vegetables come from our own organic,hydroponic gardens and all of our sauces are handcrafted on the property. We invite you to join us for a delicious home-cooked meal either in the morning or evening hours. Nipper's is the perfect setting for any size gathering and we want to make sure that your dining experience is enjoyable so you will return. We have added a large flagstone patio and fire pit for lounging.Catering, private parties and to go orders are available. We offfer a casual dining experience at a reasonable price. We look forward to serving you in the future.
New York
“quality food at a quality price”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Salmon was delicious. My sons steak was just right and I didnt fall over when i got the check. The waitress provided excellent service and was extremely friendly

Visited January 2013
SallyH123, Owner at Nipper's Cafe & Steakhouse, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thanks a bunch for finding us. We are so happy that you enjoyed your meal and found us to be reasonably priced. Thanks a bunch for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to you visiting us in the future.

USA
“Delicious!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Manchester for a week in October. Nippers was by far the most delicious and well priced restaurant. The food could easily have been in a gourmet city like NYC.
We had committed to trying many of the restaurants nearby but ended up eating at Nippers twice it was so good.

Can't wait to return!

• Visited October 2012
Fresh food at a reasonable price that is what we strive for. We are so happy that you found us and had two outstanding meals. We hope that you will join us again next fall. Anyone who is reading this please remember we are not a four star restaurant we are a two star restaurant providing delicious home-cooked food at reasonable prices. Thanks, Karen
Niskayuna, New York
“Best Steak My Husband Ever Had”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Happy New Years. What a delightful dinner experience my family and I shared New Years Eve at Nipper's Cafe. Nipper's Cafe offers family friendly dinning, great food at affordable prices. My husband and I both had the Surf and Turf. The portions are generous. I could not finish mine. My husband did finish his with a smile and mentioned how delicious the steak was. In fact, He said, "this is the best steak I ever had." My daughter loved the corn chowder and was able to go home with an extra serving on the house.. Really a remarkable experience and a great way to kick off our new year!

• Visited January 2013
The portions were generous!!! It was a special night. So very happy that you guys were able to join us for a wonderful evening. The wine and beer was flowing until the clock struck midnight. We will have to do it again next year. Many thanks for joining us on a specail night - you guys made it even better.
Trumbull, Connecticut
“YUMMY!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We were staying the long holiday weekend in a house in Manchester - skiing at Stratton. With 2 kids in tow (7 and 12), we wanted good food, but not at $30/plate. The menu here seemed to meet that need for us – with burgers available and slightly higher priced meals. (also chicken fingers for our 7 year old – not on the menu, but I called and asked)

THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS! Service was excellent… I would DEFINITELY eat here again (we almost did eat here the next night!)

I had a FABULOUS piece of fish, my son had the lamb chops (he ate them all!), my husband had a burger with blue cheese inside (YUMMY) and my daughter had chicken fingers. The homemade mashed potatoes were DELICOUS. We also had soup (French onion) and chili (delicious – but spicy) and some beautiful salads.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
Small place, so you may want to make reservations.

• Visited December 2012
"YUMMY" - we met are goal - delicious food at a reasonable price. FAMILIES are welcome and won't be scratching wondering how they could have spent so much because it is so affordable. So happy that you and your family had an enjoyable experience with us. Hoping that you return next winter. Many thanks for taking the time to write a great review. Thanks!!!!
Connecticut
“Good food”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Not gourmet but good home cooking. Steak that I had was very fatty but homemade mashed potatoes were delicious! Would recommend especially as most restaurants in Manchester are rip-offs and not good quality.

Visited December 2012
The furthest thing from gourmet or a four or five star restaurant. Just good homecooked food at a reasonable price. Thanks so much for dining with us. We hope that we filled your belly. We look forward to your return visit in the near future. Thanks for writing the review it is nice to get a great review from someone who writes so many reviews.