“Best Breakfast Place!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: North Road
Description: A casual dining experience offering exceptional meals at breakfast and dinner. All of our sauces, soups and dressings our handcrafted on our property. We serve prime cut steaks, fresh seafood, pork loin (one of the favorites after the steaks and seafood) at dinner, along with hamburgers, salads and panini's. Nipper's has become popular amongst the locals and tourist for serving up outstanding fresh food. Whenever possible we use all local produce or preferably the vegetables come from our own organic or hydroponic gardens. At breakfast we offer 11 different kinds of eggs benedicts and you are able to choose from 2 or 3 eggs. We offer a variety of griddle items (cinnamon french toast, pancakes and more) with mix or max options. Of course our corned beef hash is homemade. We have a variety of omelettes and you are able to have them prepared with egg whites if you like. We are located 1.5 miles North of town on route 7A - Go the extra mile, we do.
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband & I spent 5 days in Manchester in October. We found this place on our second day, and had breakfast every morning thereafter. Hannah's French toast is the absolute best! We didn't realize they were open for dinner or we would have gone there for dinner too. As somebody said prior, the looks from the outside are deceiving. It's small but the food is great and so is the service. Would definitely recommend.

SallyH123, Owner at Nipper's Cafe & Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

It was a pleasure to meet you guys and have you dine with us so many mornings. I believe that says a bunch. We like to think that we actually offer the "BEST BREAKFAST IN TOWN" at least our town. Many thanks for coming in and taking the time to help us out and write an outstanding review.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We came to this cafe having been unable to get a table at a more upmarket establishment and I am so glad we did. Small but beautifully formed! Unpretentious and serving simple but very well cooked food it was ideal for our overnight visit to the area. We shared a starter of chicken wings which were meaty and tender and then a burger and a chicken caesar salad. The fries which came with the burger were the best we had eaten in the US and the salad was exactly as it should be - simple but really fresh with a good dressing and generous shavings of parmesan. Sevice was friendly and efficient and the place had a relaxed and family friendly atmosphere. Good food and good value. This place is a must if you are in the area.

I love it - I believe our first international guest from England to review us. Many thanks that means a bunch to us. It was a pleasure to have u guys stay with us and dine with us. We are so happy that you had a great stay and awesome food. Many thanks and many many safe travels.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

What a find. Outstanding for breakfast and dinner. Not fancy but the menu is great. Go early (before) 7:00 for dinner or you'll wait.
Breakfast fills up early ad well.

SallyH123, Owner at Nipper's Cafe & Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Thanks so much for the great review.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

After reading all the glowing reviews on trip advisor, I was only too happy to suggest to my husband and the other couple we were vacationing with to go to Nipper's. When we arrived, we were greeted and told to take any table that we liked. We sat down, we were warmly greeted and the waitress took our drink order. The menu looked interesting......I had checked out their website earlier. For appetizers we ordered mussels, potstickers, and shrimp on pinko breadcrumbs. The mussels were a bit tough, the potstickers were probably bought at BJ's or Costco, and the shrimp was greasy. For dinner three of us ordered the filet; I ordered the lamb. The filet was not really thick and overlooked. We've cooked better filets on our grill! My lamb consisted of three lamb chops, and as much as I love lamb, I gave up after the second chop.

On the positive side, the waitress was really nice, and very attentive. If you are a real foodie, though, it is easily forgettable. There is nothing impressive about this restaurant at all.

1  Thank beck1159
SallyH123, Owner at Nipper's Cafe & Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

WOW is right. I’m assuming you thought you were going to a Morton’s. We are a very small and unassuming restaurant. We are not a five star steakhouse. To me it is very funny as I look over your other reviews – I am sure you were comparing us to Morton’s steakhouse, etc…. as I had overheard your conversations of the best steakhouses to go to or the best ones you’ve been at that evening. I will admit that we cannot be compared to any in New York City. What we try to offer everyone is a fresh, delicious cooked meal at reasonable prices. My husband is a very good chef considering the fact that never attended a culinary school. He is self taught. That being said all of the meat we purchase at the time of this review are choice not prime. Many vegetables come from our own gardens on the grounds. The pot stickers are purchased not from BJ’s or Costco and you are the first to state a complaint. Most people love the homemade sauce peanut teriyaki sauce that comes with them. I am very surprised that the mussels were tough – I don’t eat them so I can’t comment but I can note that you didn’t complain to your waitress Sarah that evening so I don’t know why you are stating it now – why didn’t you refuse them at that time. It is called panko shrimp – the shrimp is breaded with panko crumbs and deep fried. Not sure what you were expecting 99.99% of the people love these – you are the .01% that didn’t. I have a girlfriend who craves them and will come in and eat two orders. Our menu specifically states an 8 oz filet – an 8oz filet isn’t that big. It is the size of a burger and you got the full 8oz they are proportioned upon receipt. Perhaps you were expecting a 10oz filet? My recollection of your evening once your dinner came – you made a huge ordeal of cutting your meat (lamb chops ) since your arm was in a sling – and contemplating how they should be cut since they were thick and had a bone. You stated to your server that the meat wasn’t MR but that you wouldn’t be sending it back – what exactly do you want us to do if you agree to keep the meal and don’t want a replacement meal. If you didn’t want to send it back than stop you shouldn’t right a negative review – you had the opportunity to have it corrected – you didn’t allow us and you certainly didn’t want the meals cooked over and we would have been happy to do so. I will admit my husband failed to cook your meals perfectly the first time. You certainly weren’t in a hurry to leave the building you stayed for quite some time. I’m sorry yes you have the right to comment that the meat was a tad over cooked it certainly wasn’t any more than M/MW. I think that you are just one of those difficult people The week before my husband prepared to 8 oz bourbon steaks MW that should have been cooked MR. The people commented I picked up the plates returned them to the kitchen and they were re-cooked to perfection. The couple was ecstatic and I was happy because we did our job right even though we needed to do it twice to make sure it was done right. There are all sorts of variables that go into cooking – the meat, timing – especially if you are cooking for more than one table. Can we make mistakes of course we can – will we correct the mistakes to ensure that you and everyone else will of course we will. We are disappointed in ourselves that you didn’t enjoy your experience but please if you want to point out that the meat is over cooked than allow the cook to re-do it. It isn’t a big deal and I think more chefs would appreciate that than having someone sit behind the computer and write a negative review.
If you are looking for the five star dining experiences we have several great options in town. If you are looking for delicious home cooked food than please stop in and visit us – we are not over the top but we attempt to put out a good product and if we fail at it please just tell us and we will re-cook it. We honestly want to make sure everyone is happy.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We went to Nippers for somewhat of a late dinner for the area, 8:30 PM. We were greeted, seated and served by Karen, the owner. Our meal was delicious. The potstickers were some of the best we ever had and the salmon with ginger and wasabi was unique, spicy and delicious. The atmosphere is homey and welcoming, like visiting a good friend. By the time we left, we felt as if Karen was our good friend. We swapped stories and laughed like we had known each other forever. We have tried many great restaurants, we will include this one in our list of favorites.

It was a pleasure to meet you guys - I enjoyed the time and learning about the six kids - wishing you much luck with everything and hoping when you find yourself back in Manchester, VT you will stop back in. I'm sure the room was amazing at the Reluctant Panther. Thanks for finding the time to write the review with your hectice schedule.