“Amazing”

Silver Fork
Ranked #1 of 59 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Short Hills, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

Saw it was highly rated so I made the reservation. The food is excellent. The CHICHARRONI DE POLLO is one of the best dishes I've ever had. It was so good we went back the next night and we were only in Manchester for two nights. The next night we complemented the CHICHARRONI DE POLLO and the chef let us watch him make it. Overall, it was a great place for dinner.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank yankeesmrw

New York City, New York
“Simply Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

My husband and I went to this restaurant last weekend. We were warmly greeted by Melody who assured us that she would give us the best seat possible (it is a small restaurants but we requested to not be seated by the door). After sipping a cocktail in the foyer, we were seated at a lovely corner table.

We had the "chicharonni de pollo" appetizer and serrano wrapped scallops as appetizers. Everything was delicious and perfectly cooked. It was a wonderful way to begin the evening. For the entrees, I had the salmon strudel (delicious! - salmon can be so boring but this dish was so flavorful and memorable) and my husband had the osso bucco, which he thoroughly enjoyed. Although we were stuffed, we both ordered desserts. The doughnuts were recommended to us by a couple leaving the restaurant before we sat down and I had the caribbean bread pudding souffle. What a wonderful way to end the meal! Everything was wonderful, we were stuffed but completely satisfied. I should mention that we also drank cocktails and wine, which were recommended by Melody. Her recommendations didn't fail.

This restaurant exudes warmth and friendliness and Melody treats you as if you were a guest in her home. This, coupled with delicious food, makes it an absolute must! We will definitely return and would absolutely recommend this restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Maria S
Philadelphia
“Very good food at great prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

The food and staff were excelent. The offerings and specials were very well presented and optionswere abundant. The only complaint woudl be atmosphere as the building is roadside and seating is close.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank amacwow
connecticut
“Divine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

My husband and I ate here Tuesday Nov 12th. We immediately booked the following night after we finished our dinner,,. And took a 6pm the following night. Only 7 tables, a great menu, a chef who clearly knows not only what he is going but delivers, but finally a wife,,Melody who makes it all come together. The menu is farm to table, but the choices are many. I began the first night with a tuna sashimi, my husband had the spaghetti squash. Both divine! Then my husband had the cod wrapped around crab meat....yes fresh crab meat..no breading just all fish in a fantastic light sauce. I had the special the pheasant brilliantly prepared . We shared an apple tartin with ice cream..home made! divine. The following night I copied my husbands meal...he had a fish stew so light. Of course we shared the dessert. The escargot en croute was very popular.. To be honest every meal looked fantastic. Now their wine list.... Perfect. By the glass or bottle, if you wanted a taste no problem, pricing very very reasonable. But did I mention that this husband and wife team and their incredible staff make this such an incredible restaurant. I know we will be back after the first of the year.... So between the inn at Ormsby Hill and this spectacular restaurant I hope there is a spot for us.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank trigger1070
Sapa, Vietnam
“Great little place . Must make reservation prior”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Atmosphere was great and our waitress was amazing. I was not really sure about the red wines and she brought me 5 to taste. She always had a smile and was very attentive. The food was good but not great. Ordered escargot and liked them even though never had them the way the chef prepared them. Not crazy about the potato and gruyere cheese appetizer: thought it had to little cheese and lots potato. The special slow cooked pheasant over the pumpkin raviolis had bones and the skin was really chewy but the raviolis were delicious w the pecans. My husbands meat was a bit undercooked. Overall we enjoyed it and would return. We recommend it.

• Visited November 2013