“Amazing dinner”

Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Just finished dinner. For apps, we shared both chicken bites with lime & cilantro and lobster risotto. To die for! Entrees were Maryland crabcake and chicken marsala. Desserts were mango floating island and Caribbean bread pudding. Outstanding! Service was impeccable, the food fresh and hot. Amazing from beginning to end. This is a jewel in Manchester. Pam & Ed St. John

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

I just happened to read a review about a hotel in Manchester where I was heading. Later I realised its not worth giving a try. Let me try something I haven't read about. I happen to pass by this restaurant. Again with no knowledge about their expertise in any cuisine I ordered staters expertise mains both sea food. However 3 tables around me had some or the other meat dish. For a moment I thought it was a bad idea.
But I had an amazing evening eating seafood. Please ifs worth giving a try.. I will definitely be back some day with few friends

1  Thank SaurabhSal
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My husband and I ate here on our vacation in Manchester and loved it so much that we made another reservation for the following evening. The food is delicious and unique and the staff is wonderful and passionate about what they do. We can't wait to go back! Make a reservation!

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend surprised me with a get away to Manchester Vermont, for my birthday! We selected the Silver Fork, chef owned and operated, due to a recommendation from a friend of hers, for my birthday dinner. We were not disappointed. We started with drinks and apps, she had the wine sampler, three small sample(about two glasses worth) all three were very good. I had a kettle and cranberry. Apps; she had the Lobster “CARIBBEAN” Risotto Using a Caribbean medium grain rice & saffron over veal jus (nice large chunks of lobster) and I the Serrano Wrapped Scallops, Seared & finished with onion cream sauce . Both were very tasty. Entrees; she had the Lobster Portabella, lobster chunks sautéed with cream & parmesan over grilled portabella mushroom, with a medley of vegetables that fit the season. I had the rack of lamb with a mustard and goat chess crust and a mix of seasonal vegetables (acorn squash, green beans, and yellow squash, grilled and topped with a light brown sauce) and seasoned potatoes. We left room for dessert, I had the hot chocolate (rich, thick, and creamy) with homemade cinnamon doughnuts. She had the chocolate mousse served in a homemade acorn brittle bowl, absolutely fantastic!

The restaurant is very smalll with only six tables and six seats at the bar, so reservation are a must during in season, and would suggest them any time. The presentation was amazing and unlike any I have seenbefore. The conversation with the wife was delightful, and gave us an insight to the menu. The chef spent five years learning under a German chef, and can be see on the menu with sections such, as Wiener Schnitzle and Beff Stroganoff. They then moved to Puerto Rico, where he spent 17 years, before settling in Manchester Vermont.

We will go back many times when we are in time and this has become one of my all time favorites!

1  Thank ANTHONY P
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My wifes birthday is Halloween and subsequently she has not gone out for it in over 10 years. I chose Silver Fork based on others reviews. We have a house 20 minutes away but had never eaten here.
I can only say it was perfect. The restaurant is small with a small eat at bar. Decor is understated but beautiful, ie typical VT.
The food. Fabulous. Menu varied and creative. Our two appetizers tuna and calamari were great.
Entrees were crab cakes and cod stuffed with crab. Perfect.
We shared a basic desert and it was goooood. I say basic because they have a couple that require 20 minutes or so to prepare.
Wine list simple but varied enough to suit most everyone.
Waiter friendly and knowledgeable.
No I don't work there and I can't wait to return.