“Inconsistent”

Bob's Diner
Ranked #22 of 59 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Stamford, Connecticut
“Inconsistent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

It was a rainy fall day in October that called out for Chili. On the way back to our house up the road, we stopped to ask if they offered chili. Diners are known for their diverse and affordable offerings and we've had been to Bob's a number of times for breakfast which never disappoints Since I ordered the chili as take-out, I had no idea what was inside the cups before I had paid $10 and arrived home. Imagine my surprise when I discovered two coffee-cup size containers of watery soup containing a couple of pieces of ground meat. It wasn't worth a trip back in the rain; but, I truly felt that Bob's took advantage of the what he thought to be people just passing through whom he would never see again. You are correct! You will never see me again.

• Visited October 2012

Westminster, Massachusetts
“Diner delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

There's nothing like like eating at a diner to find down home cooking. We stayed in Manchester for 24 hours and ate at Bob's Diner three times it was so delicious. There were plenty of menu choices, the portions were good, and the prices were great! The staff was very welcoming and attentive. I'm sure we'll stop again the next time we visit. It's a great place to feed a family at reasonable rates.

• Visited November 2012
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Who doesn't love a diner? And this diner serves great food. I will go out of my way to dine here again. The service is okay, but the cooks, more than, make up for it! I had the Mr. Green Jeans Skillet and it was deeeeeeelicious! My husband had an omelet & potatoes and enjoyed it, as well. Really glad we stopped here, instead of downtown Manchester.

• Visited October 2012
Newton, Massachusetts
“Really good diner food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

We really liked our lunch at Bob's Diner. The onion soup was the best we had ever tasted and my husband's Monte Cristo was excellent. Service was prompt and friendly and the prices fair. Can't be beat!

Visited October 2012
Arlington, Vermont
“Great place to stop on the way to Bromley/Stratton”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Another good local spot is Bob's a diner on rte 30 heading out of Manchester on the way to Bromley or Stratton ski resorts. Great breakfasts with excellent pancakes(fluffy), skillet egg combos and homemade corned beef hash..available until closing(3PM) good diner choices for lunches( meatloaf, burgers, veggie burgers, Mac and cheese, daily specials). Very popular with locals and weekenders alike. Expect a crowd during foliage,holiday and ski weekends. Worth the wait! Nice kids menu. Waitstaff very friendly and a great "joint". Not quite the Blue Ben(Bennington). But pretty darn close!

Visited September 2012