“Not Your Typical Diner”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 8, 2012

This place is great, always seems busy! They offer all your standard diner staples, but also have more adventurous items like homemade soups (butternut squash bisque and white bean with sausage chowder, to name a few), choice ribeye and NY strip steaks, fresh salmon, house made corned beef hash, fish fry, etc. Can't find any complaints, priced right as well.

There are newer reviews for Bob's Diner

Reviewed January 5, 2012

We recently moved to the Manchester area and have been having problems finding affordable places to eat. My wife and I have breakfast out almost every Saturday morning, and now that we found Bob's, it's our "go to" breakfast place in the area. Breakfast can be had for as little as $5, (Eggs, bacon, toast, homefries), or you can pay a little more and get all of your favorites with HUGE portions. Omlettes, skillet breakfasts, french toast (several great variations), pancakes, eggs benedict (mmm I'm making myself hungry!).

The diner itself is a great place, we love the decor and the jukebox with the "mini jukeboxes" at each of the booths. The waitresses are very friendly and helpful. We have not yet eaten lunch or dinner there but the specials and choices look really good.

If you are a fan of family owned diners, coffee shops, and family style restaurants you will enjoy it here. The place is not new, but well worn and welcoming. Definitely much different from all of the restaurants in downtown Manchester.

Come on down on a Saturday morning and look for us. Maybe we'll see you there!

1  Thank OffOnAJaunt
Reviewed October 27, 2011

A trip to Bob's is like a classic step back in time from the decor to the menu to the friendly service. The menu has a great variety of homemade classics plus Bob's own twist on specials posted on the big white board above the grill. Be sure to get a homemade hand-dipped shake, as they are as good as you will have anywhere.

Big disclaimer: If you are a neatnick, this is not your spot. Bob's is not going to win any awards for cleanliness, including the floors, menus, grill................ If you can overlook Bob's oversight in this area you can have a great time at this place.

1  Thank vtfam5
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We decided to go Bob's diner during our long weekend trip. We were greeted with some friendly hellos and they gave us a choice to sit anywhere we wanted. The menu was a typical diner menu. I was tempted to order breakfast for dinner as they serve it all day. I opted for the special which was prime rib. The portions were hearty but the prime rib itself was pinker than I wanted it and the gravy on my mashed looked a little suspicious, (a little pale for brown gravy), but it turned out everything was pretty good, very well seasoned.
The server was attentive and very friendly. The atmosphere had a local vibe that was charming. They're only open until 8:30pm most days.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

Just got back from Manchester and had to complement the staff and owners at Bob's for the best breakfast in a long time. I'm a big guy and I didn't finish my Farmers Omlette it was huge. I did order a side of hash that I devoured, Not your Hormel Hash you get at most places. This had large pieces of fresh corned beef and diced potatoes. Wife had a signature skillet that was a full frying pan of eggs, sausage, bacon, onions etc.

Both my parents had a belgian waffle and their breakfast was monentarily delayed while the waitress MADE some Fresh Whipped cream. They watched her whipping it!!! Mom was intially curious of the "Thinner than usual" maple syrup. I told her I think they have their own sugar shack. Sure enough the Real Maple Syrup was light, delightful, full of flavor. Bought a quart to take home..

You need to stop by this stainless steel breakfast beacon for breakfast when in the Manchester area!!