“Extremely disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Marsh Tavern

Marsh Tavern
Ranked #23 of 59 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The historic Marsh Tavern was the first building erected on the site of what is today the expansive Equinox resort. One of the first lodging houses in Vermont, its history predates the Revolutionary War. Today it is home to a celebrated restaurant and meeting place. Renowned for its hearty New England fare, patrons can enjoy a delicious lunch and the finest regional dinner cuisine. And for good fun, spend a while in the Tavern Lounge for cocktails, a tasty menu and outdoor seating for wine and spirits. Open daily.
Boston, Ma
“Extremely disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

What happened? We had lunch at the golf club and then dinner here and both were mediocre at best. Dry chicken, over cooked beef, pasta drenched in garlic sauce. Not at all what we have experienced in the past. Also, sitting at the bar used to be fun. Now it seems chaotic and also needs a good sprucing up, particularly given the price point. Don't bother.

NJ
“Convenient if you are staying at the Equinox”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

Reliable and conveniently located in hotel. Catered to large party of three families (including 7 kids). Great wait staff - very accommodating and friendly. Food is upscale and pricey - meals can be adventurous for Vermont and sometimes misses. But all around a good experience.

Visited February 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great service but average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

My family ate at the Marsh Tavern on our last night at the Equinox. The restaurant is very quaint and the service was excellent but I found the food very average for the price.

My husband had the lamb which was excellent. I had the cod which was ok - it was slightly ecletic for my taste and not very flavorful (maybe I should expect this in VT! I am a beach girl!)

The kids menu had a wide variety of selections which is not always common in similar type restaurants. My children (5 & 8) had the kids mac & cheese which was homemade and very yummy but the portion was rather small - my 8 year old who is not a big eater finished it and was still hungry.

I had one glass of wine and my husband had a half bottle - both very good. The dessert menu looked great but my husband and kids opt for the sundays which were very fun and a good size:) The bill was just under $200 (with tip) which seemed high for what we got - BUT the service and atmosphere made up for the price and the fact that we didn't have to drive after was a plus.

I think next time we would try lunch there - heard the burgers are excellent!

• Visited August 2014
Scarsdale, New York
“Great Place on a Summer's Night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

We ate at the Marsh Tavern our first night in Manchester as we are staying at the Equinox and wanted someplace nearby. We were seated outside and had a very pleasant dinner there. Try the pretzel appetizers - great with the spicy mustard. My husband and I both had different fish entrees that were very tasty. Service was very good and friendly. It was a great way to start off our trip!

1 Thank Ruth S
“Great Pub food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

Sat outside with friends on a beautiful summer evening, had lots of laughs. Delicious juicy burgers. Server had no personality but we made up for it. The mussels were also very good